Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

04 CRV coilovers

Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
LowCR-V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 CRV coilovers

Yes im a newb and yes I did a search just curious if anybody knows if they have started to sell coilovers yet. Thanks
Old 10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
LowCR-V

Damn nothing? This forum is dead.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:00 PM
AcuraFanatic

crickets.wav buddy.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:01 PM
dubcac
I

Just cut your stock springs, it'll handle better.

Or did you mean coilovers to RAISE it on some 33's?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:03 PM
LowCR-V

Originally Posted by dubcac

No I want to drop it, not cutting the springs, and I want it lower than 2 inches. So I guess im fucked.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:20 PM
DanF

Originally Posted by dubcac

The suggestion to "just cut the stock springs" is a BAD idea! This is a hack solution to lowering a car correctly. Think about the simple physics involved: When you lower a car 1" to 2", you bring the tires, suspension and body parts all closer together. With the stock "soft" springs, the car still thinks it has 4" of travel, so when you hit a dip the springs compress the same. The result? Tires rub, you bottom-out, suspension bottoms-out. Proper coil-over typically give you springs with four times the stiffness of stock springs. When you lower the car 1" to 2", you want to limit the travel to where it would be at the maximum of travel with stock springs so you don't rub or bottom-out. The result is that you get a very stiff ride, but that's the trade-off. The other thing that happens when you "cut stock springs" is that it puts a lot more stress on the "stock" shocks. The shocks get compressed when the car gets lowered and your shocks will compress all the way when you hit a dip and you won't have any more value from the shocks. Proper coil-overs come with correct shorter shocks that have stiffer compress and rebound rates AND they are made to work with less travel so they won't bottom-out. Sorry, but cutting stock shocks is the reason why there are so many hack-job cars driving around. If you can't do the modifications correctly, don't do them!!! And don't fortget that after you lower a car you will need to re-adjust the camber. A 2" lowering will most likely be beyond the limit of the standard alignment process, so one would need to install a camber kit. You can tell the cars that don't have camber kits because the tires are pointed inwards at the top. These are the same cars that most likely just had their stock springs cut to achieve the "look" but without any beneficial purpose.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

Originally Posted by DanF
The suggestion to "just cut the stock springs" is a BAD idea! This is a hack solution to lowering a car correctly. Think about the simple physics involved: When you lower a car 1" to 2", you bring the tires, suspension and body parts all closer together. With the stock "soft" springs, the car still thinks it has 4" of travel, so when you hit a dip the springs compress the same. The result? Tires rub, you bottom-out, suspension bottoms-out. Proper coil-over typically give you springs with four times the stiffness of stock springs. When you lower the car 1" to 2", you want to limit the travel to where it would be at the maximum of travel with stock springs so you don't rub or bottom-out. The result is that you get a very stiff ride, but that's the trade-off. The other thing that happens when you "cut stock springs" is that it puts a lot more stress on the "stock" shocks. The shocks get compressed when the car gets lowered and your shocks will compress all the way when you hit a dip and you won't have any more value from the shocks. Proper coil-overs come with correct shorter shocks that have stiffer compress and rebound rates AND they are made to work with less travel so they won't bottom-out. Sorry, but cutting stock shocks is the reason why there are so many hack-job cars driving around. If you can't do the modifications correctly, don't do them!!! And don't fortget that after you lower a car you will need to re-adjust the camber. A 2" lowering will most likely be beyond the limit of the standard alignment process, so one would need to install a camber kit. You can tell the cars that don't have camber kits because the tires are pointed inwards at the top. These are the same cars that most likely just had their stock springs cut to achieve the "look" but without any beneficial purpose.
I am 100% sure that dubster was not serious
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 AM
DanF

Whew! I had hoped the suggestion wasn't serious. Thanks. But I've known plenty of people who have cut their stock springs. It happens all the time.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by thomas
I am 100% sure that dubster was not serious
:chuckles: @ dude thinking brett was serious.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 PM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

I know they make drop springs for the element, Looking at the suspension they look the same so u could use those. I do beilve it is H&R that makes them. 1.8 in drop.