Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

new here need help with code

Old 07-05-2007, 08:57 PM
maximus_pr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here need help with code

hello guys i'm new here and the reason i'm here is because my ex-wife have a 1999 odyssey and yesterday the check light came one and they checked the code and turns out to be P0451 the guy unscrewed the gas cap and put it back again and told me eventually the light will turn off but light still on doesn't the code needs to be erased after what he did with the gas cap

basically i fix my cars and all that but on the other cars that i know that happens the code still needs to be erased after tightening the gas cap or whatever but i wanted to know if theres anything else wrong besides gas cap
Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the code has to be cleared. It will eventually clear on its own if the gas cap is the problem but we are talking 30 to 40 cold start up drive cycles.

It may not be the gas cap it could be a leak in the evap system or failed evap solenoid.

OK update I look up p0451 is the ftp (fuel tank pressure senser) range problem more then likely it just a bad ftp.

Last edited by Fuse; 07-06-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
foot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ftp should read about 2.5v at normal atmospheric pressure. If you can apply some vacuum/pressure to it you can test it. Not more than about 1/4 to 1/2 psi. Any more can rupture the diaphram and ruin the sensor. Any good shop can diagnose this for you.