Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

newb w/questions

Old 05-24-2007, 05:01 PM
lisatw151

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb w/questions

Hi. I'm brand-spankin' new to the forum and have some questions about a 95 Passport I bought about a month ago. I don't know if they belong here, or in the tech section, so if I'm in the wrong place, I apologize ahead of time.

I bought this Passport, like I said, about a month ago, from my boyfriend who had bought it used for his son. It had 118,xxx miles on it. It really didn't get driven much while he had it (about a year) and his son had no complaints about it.

I bought it so I could park my 04 GTO in favor of something that would get better gas mileage and still be able to haul stuff around. As it turns out, I've put about 3000 miles on is so far and I'm only getting about 14-16mpg. I'm better off driving the GTO. It gets 18 in the city, 24 on the highway. LOL

I changed the oil, have added injector and fuel system cleaner a couple of times, and changed the spark plugs and wires and it hasn't helped. I also noticed when I changed the plugs, that each one had oil, literally dripping of it when I pulled them out. That doesn't sound too good...

I'm wondering if new O2 sensors would help the mpg, or should I unload it in a hurry due to the oil issues???

Thanks for listening to my "dumb-girl-questions" Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:14 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The oil on the plugs is bad, but it may not be the end of the world. First thing is to check if the gasket that seals the spark plug tubes is intact, you'll have to take the valve cover off to do this. If that's all it is, then no big deal.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 PM
lisatw151

ummm... hmmm. Changing oil and spark plugs is something I can handle. I'm not so sure about taking valve covers off. LOL. I may have to recruit help for that. Thanks though. At least it's somewhere to start.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:56 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Passport is a rebadged Isuzu. Sell it and buy an economy car or small midsize if you really want something with good fuel economy...the Passport is a money pit.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Sorayna
Banned

I think we all needed some help about that
Old 08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
foot

Let me tell you. The Passport is an abomination and should have never left the imagination of the freak that made it happen. Sell it, donate it, pretend you never layed a finger on it. Buy something else, anything else.. a scooter. You'll be better off.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:48 AM
cristian1985
Banned

Interesting post))
Old 06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
cruzalekz

yep, my co worker traded his for a civic due to gas mileasge issues.

oil issue might be just a wornout plug gasket.