Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Possible to rebuild seatbelt?

Old 05-11-2007, 01:20 PM
CLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to rebuild seatbelt?

Had an annoying as hell squeak in my CRV, rear belt, out of warranty. Couldn't take it anymore and removed assembly to rectify noise. Would have been a simple 30 minute job if not for the belt locking up too short to reattach back into place.

Next thing I know, I've got the whole assembly apart to find the release, deep in the bowels, to get some slack in the belt. So, yeah, I've put it back together about 14 times and I'm as screwed up as the belt is now.

Anyone have a clue how all the gears and crap fit?

Once you're finished laughing, I'd appreciate any help.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:41 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Considering how critical it is for the seatbelt to function as designed, I would not trust my life to that belt after it has been disassembled.

The centrifugal lock mechanism isn't really designed in way that allows for service and repair. I know it isn't the cheapest solution, but I would replace the seatbelt as a unit.

Call the local pick-n-pull yards and see if they've got a CRV with usable rear belts.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
ACURAmechanic

Acura has a lifetime warranty on seatbelts. Honda might also, check your owners manual, or call your dealer.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:36 PM
ghetto94integra

Originally Posted by ACURAmechanic
Acura has a lifetime warranty on seatbelts. Honda might also, check your owners manual, or call your dealer.
I think everybody does, but I may be wrong maybe about 80% sure
Anyway, a seatbelt shouldn't cost more than like 30 bux
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

? K all I'm going to say is you have to have the seat belt in the original position to get it to work thy are designed to jamb if you roll over you see what I'm saying. Yes seat belts are life time warranty but not for noise just for failure. Get it back to gathers so it looks good and take it in to your dealer. Make it look like no one has ever touched it or thy will call you out.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:22 PM
foot

Our dealership warranties seatbelts for any reason other than user abuse or other damage like your dog ate it.