Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Help! 99 Odyssey Wont Start

Old 09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
henrykahn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 99 Odyssey Wont Start

I have a 99 odyssey and it won't start I go to the stage where the all the lights turn on but the engine won't turn on. I hear a clicking noise but its not starting. when I put the car in drive and back to parking (b4 engine is started) the P light don't turn on this happened 2 days ago and when I pumped the brake and released the foot brake the P light turns back on and the car turned on. but this time it won't turn on the P light turned back on a while ago but the car won't start. please help I'm stuck at a Exxon gas station.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Battery would be the first place I'd start.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:24 AM
henrykahn

Ok thanks I am at home right now I got it to turn on. I just kept turning the key and it worked. Heres a couple more problems I am having if you guys could help me.

1. The Doors are dead just basically dead. I opened the door and closed it, the next time i try to open it, the handle goes back but the doors dead. It happened to both sides.
2. The backlights, the mph gauges, 1-6 numbers on the radio, cruise control button on left side of steering wheel lights are not working. Basically the whole dash.
3. The lights of the gear switch P,R, etc dont turn on when you switch into gear sometimes. I checked all the fuses.

and this not turning on problem with the brakes started happening after I got my brakes fixed at Brake Check. And the lights problem began when I got my tranny rebuild and engine mounts replaced, and the ignition switch replaced, etc.