Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

MDX Lock Picked?

Old 11-30-2005, 01:31 PM
kenniththegrind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDX Lock Picked?

I have had my 05 MDX for 2 months now and it has been broken into twice I spoke to the dealer in SF and they mentioned thieves can use a lock picking tool to unlock your car door. Supposedly this is a huge problem in my area. The part I have a problem with is the way the alarm is set up once you unlock the door through the key hole it turns off the alam (I confirmed this with the dealer, the chip in the key only prevents the engine from starting with a fake key not the door). I understand that cars are going to get broken into regardless of what you do, but the fact that my alarm isn't even going off is a joke. Are there any fixes other than an aftermarket alarm system someone can think of? Anyway to program the alarm to go off anytime you unlock it through the key hole even if it is the correct key?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One option is to remove the switch at the end of the lock cylinder inside the drivers door. But then the only way to arm and disarm the alarm is with the remote. Thats fine until the battery dies one day and you have to use the key to get in. I guess in which case the only alternative is an aftermarket alarm.

Check around though because i believe they can install one and still use the factory remotes.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:49 PM
kenniththegrind

so are you saying if I do that the door handle would no londer unlock the Door even if i was using my key? What about after market door locks?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06 AM
honda guy

No what im saying is this there is a switch attached to the end of the cylinder in the door so when you turn the key you actually turn a switch. You can still use the lock in the door to unlock the door but that lock will no longer disarm the alarm if you lost a remote and it wouldn't turn the alarm off it was sounding.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:36 AM
kenniththegrind

This sounds like a great solution. Any suggestions on how to go about taking my door apart without messing something up?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:07 PM
honda guy

1. Using a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with protective tape, pry out on the lower portion of the cover to release the hooks , then remove the cover.

2. Remove the screws.

3. Remove the inner handle from the door panel.

-1 Pull the handle forward and out half-way to release the hook.
-2 Pull out the top of the handle.
-3 While pulling on the handle, disconnect the inner handle rod.

4. Disconnect the power door lock switch connector , then remove the inner handle.

5. Remove the power window switch buy lifting it upward out of the panel (clips hold it in)

6. Remove the screws from the door panel and then remove the panel (it to is held in with just screws after the screws bihind the switch is removed)
Old 12-06-2005, 04:02 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by kenniththegrind
This sounds like a great solution. Any suggestions on how to go about taking my door apart without messing something up?
Why not just invest in an aftermarket alarm?
Here you have a 40k car and your gonna ghetto rig it.