Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Refilling 2003 Pilot Trans after Recall mod

Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 AM
realcurious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refilling 2003 Pilot Trans after Recall mod

I have a 2003 Pilot and am getting close to the time when I should change my transmission fluid. I changed my wife's 2001 Odyssey without problem, and the Pilot would have been done the same way... but after the recall to lube the 2nd gear, the refill plug now has a jet installed leaving only the dipstick hole available. Has anyone changed their fluid through the dipstick hole, and if so, any tips to make it easier? I was thinking of buying some flex tubing to go over the rim where the dipstick is inserted in the trans and then connecting a funnel to that. Is it worth the trouble, or is there an easier way, i.e., just bite the bullet and take it in for the change. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2005, 03:12 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use one of the long funnels there like 24 inches long and at the end i put a piece of rubber hose on it. Something that has the diameter of the dipstick tube. And i just pull the dipstick out and put the rubber hose over the tube and fill it through the tube.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 PM
realcurious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filling through dipstick hole...

I think I'll try something like that. Just wanted to know if anyone else did it and didn't have any problems. I was worried that I'd drain the tranny and ending up not getting it refilled. Thanks a lot for your help!