Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Bike rack for a CRV?

Old 01-18-2004, 07:09 AM
rie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike rack for a CRV?

OK, here's another one.

I have a 2004 CRV and, of course, it has the spare mounted out in back.

Does anyone know of a rear-mounted bike rack that would work? I've never had a bike rack on a car before but I'm guessing the spare might present a problem, no? I'm thinking of going to the large sporting goods store (Nestor's) to ask but figured I'd ask here since I'm more concerned about the car than my old bike.

BTW I'm short (5'4") so a roof mounted rack would be a problem for me to use by myself (unless I took to carrying a stepladder in the cargo area <haha>).

Thanks in advance for your input!

Rie
Old 11-03-2005, 08:39 AM
downhllracr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that you would have problems getting to the roof, but for your CRV you could just mount a bike rack from Rocky Mounts on the factory roof rack. I got one for my 2005 CRV and it works great. It was really easy to put on my factory racks and it didn’t require any special help. I highly suggest The Noose bike rack that they offer since it was only $85 - works awesome and looks great in a variety of colors to match your ride. It was the only rack that actually fit on with no problems at all! Their website is rockymounts.com