Notices

Need help with Legend cruise control, please.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 AM
emmettray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 94 Legend cruise control, please.

I have a 94 Legend with 74,000 miles on it. It has a cruise control problem that I need some help on.

The 7.5 amp cruise control fuse is good. When I push the 'Cruise Control Power' button on the dash, the small power indicator light on the button does illuminate.

When I attempt to engage the cruise control by pressing the 'SET' paddle switch on the steering wheel, the cruise control does NOT engage and the Cruise ON' light in the instrument cluster does NOT come on. I have not found any relay that is labeled as a cruise control relay.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.......

Last edited by emmettray; 10-12-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Incomplete model description
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
ari_one

First question would be does your horn work (clock springs break on Legends pretty often)? There is quite a bit to the electrical works of the cruise control, you may want to look at the manual for an idea: http://www.atfinley.com/service/inde...&z=2690&r=0934 There are fuses too, the numbers in the manual may not be correct due to year.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
emmettray

Default 94 Legend cruise control

Thanks for the very helpful advise. I referenced the manual and downloaded the cruise control schematics and troubleshooting guides. They were extremely helpful and I eventually identified the problem in the steering column slip ring. It was poorly grounded and following a readjustment, all the cruise control worked fine again.

Nice work ari_one. Thanks again.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
ari_one

Glad I could be of help.