Notices

Sudden Shut off

Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 PM
grnprman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sudden Shut off

OK My friends here da deal.. just bout a 93 legend fully louded for mega cheap.. now heres my prob. i was driving the other day to work when all of a sudden the car turns off while i was stopped at a red light. now i turned da key many times and it would crank but not turn on for the love of god...so im there pulled over and just stayed wating for my dad to come wit da flat bed.
30 minutes pass by and i decide to try it again.. SHE LIVES!!! lol...now idk why but she does it again but thats when i got home from work. i tried turning her on and again a no go. so i waited once more for like 30 minutes and once more she lives lol....i let her run for a bit then turn her off. i try turning her bac on right after and noting, cranks and cranks but no go .. so could be my problem?> fule pump or sensor?
Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 PM
ari_one

You didn't mention which car you have, so I'm assuming a G2 Legend. In that case the first place to check is the main relay (fuel relay) for cracked solder joints on the relay board. Typically when the car gets hot the joints come apart and the fuel pump stops working. If it won't start, turn stereo off or down and only turn the key to II where the dash lights come on. You should hear a humming sound coming from the rear seat area, that is the fuel pump priming, if you don't hear it then check the main relay. GL
Old 07-13-2008, 07:05 AM
grnprman

thanks....and i have no idwa wat u mean by g2 so idk lol..but i'll look at the relay .. thanks a bunch.. will keep ya informed
Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 PM
ari_one

G2 means second generation Legend, aka 91-95 while G1 Legend would be the first generation Legend.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:56 PM
BilltheButcher
Witchking of Compton

Ari knows! This main relay occurs to almost all hondas/acs made in the mid 90s. Poor placement! They run 15-30 on ebay new, and are pretty easy to get to, sort of. I relocated mine so its a bit lower and gets a breeze now its lower to the floor, and not trapped under the hot dash.