Notices

92 Legend Overheating- NEED HELP!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 PM
elise14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Legend Overheating- NEED HELP!

I've got some issues with overheating. I've read tons of posts with similar problems, but nothing quite like mine. It's kind of a long story, but here it goes...

I'm driving along and I notice my temp gauge is almost all the way to the top (and it never goes above half-way). Then a few seconds after I notice the temp, I see white smoke/vapor coming out from under the hood. I pulled over and turned off the engine as soon as I could.

Later that day, I went back and noticed that it had leaked coolant from the center/rear of the engine. I ended up driving it half-way home and towing it the rest of the way as I got a repeat of the above.

I've since replaced the thermostat just to make sure that it's good. I've only let it run for a few minutes at a time, so I haven't gotten any overheating yet, but there is more smoke and coolant coming out from the center/rear of the engine.

I know that these cars are prone to blown head gaskets, but I've checked the oil cap and dip stick several times and it is totally normal. And it does have white smoke coming from the tailpipe, but it's done that for the two years I've owned it.

Could it still be a bhg or could it be something else?

Thanks a lot!!
Old 03-16-2008, 04:56 PM
ari_one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More than likely it is leaking from one of the coolant hoses at the rear of the engine where they go to the heater core.