Notices

Possible new owner of a 98 Acura RL (pics!)

Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 PM
KeepinOnThaDL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible new owner of a 98 Acura RL (pics!)

Posted on another forum but didn't get too much feedback. Well, I'm seriously thinking of getting this 98 RL with 125k miles on it. The lady who's selling it seems really nice and they're upgrading to a van for her family. Im going to check it out this sunday and I'm bringing my dad along to check it out with me. he's much more mechanically savvy than I am. They are offering $5,500, but wondering if i can talk them down to say $5,000.

from some of my research the 3.5RL engine is a C35A2 which is non-vtec? after my 93 LX civic I was kind of hoping to get a vtec engine next. will this car\engine prove to be just as kick ass or more than say a TL which i believe has vtec. will I be missing much with a 3.5L non vtec engine? I probably won't be doing much to the engine since I'm low on money and need to get a loan for it, but if I did are there any performance upgrades I may look forward to?

one last quick question, if I got a new head unit for it (just a cheaper one that allows a AUX input for my zune) will the steering wheel controls and cd changer still work?

and enough of my typing, on to the pics. Hope to post an update to the progress of my new car buying :P

also anything about this car in general I should know about?

thanks guys!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
KeepinOnThaDL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

aw come on, is this forum really that dead? :P

well im going to get the car once i get all the financing stuff taken care of.

buy anyway, so I've been researching and it looks like you can't install an aftermarket head unit in there since there are no dash kits what so ever? kinda sucks but i guess i'll just hook my zune up via cassette adapter and eventually install an aux. still wish there was someone who made custom dash kits