Notices

No Brakes Lights - Need Help

Old 03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
QBoroLegend
On my second generation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Brakes Lights - Need Help

I have a theory but need confirmation about how to fix:

1. My brake lights are not working, even the high mount one is not coming on.

2. I have only the right taillight that comes on - If I disconnect the battery and reconnect, then they both will work for a while and then off again.

3. My seat memory works for a while and then Beep Beep Beep Beep and starts blinking and at the same time my steering wheel wont telescope - it will go up/down, but not in/out. But If I disconnect/reconnect battery it works again.

4. Every now and then, my left headlight wont come on unless I hit it.

5. There was a moment when my radio, after I pressed the on button, waited a minute or two before it actually came on.

All other electrical components work, windows, seats, interior lights, moonroof, starter always cranks, climate control, etc...

Do I have a major Electrical issue or is it a case of:

A. A new main relay
B. A new brake switch
C. Fuses
D. Other

I dont feel like my car is complete with all these issues popping up here and there - I am close to getting it whole. Like having a sick son, you want it all better so it can "run fast and play" with the other "boys"
Old 03-10-2006, 10:21 AM
AcuraFanatic

I'd check all your grounds as well, but your ideas seem to be a good place to start. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Mike-Cologne

Originally Posted by QBoroLegend
3. My seat memory works for a while and then Beep Beep Beep Beep and starts blinking and at the same time my steering wheel wont telescope - it will go up/down, but not in/out. But If I disconnect/reconnect battery it works again.
Telescoping Wheel
This steering automatically goes up or down when you insert or take out the key from the ignition. The "Electronic Power Telecoping Wheel" came on all '94 -'95 Legends. On the left side of the steering housing, you can see any buttons, where you can store custom positions. That's the same like the driver seat, where the 2 buttons located near the door opener.

Cause
If the memory seat light is flashing and the Tilt/Telescope function isn't, they're related to each other. That means: The memory seat light flashes because the memory can't get to where it's supposed to be with the Tilt/Telescope function not setting properly. In most cases the cause is the relay of the Tilt/Telescope function. Another way is to check your switch of your Tilt/Telescope function.
Do you know how it works ? -Mike

Last edited by Mike-Cologne; 03-22-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:03 PM
DrOlds

Sucks that you definitely have some electrical gremlins to hunt down and beat like baby harp seals. But, I don't believe that those circuts are really related to one another except through a ground point maybe. One thought on the brake lights- I had an Integra where they all went out. Turned out to be the brake light switch that is mounted on the brake pedal arm. Make sure to check the fuse for the stop lights- under the hood I believe, because they should work without the ignition being on.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:56 AM
QBoroLegend
On my second generation

I checked with my mech, as far as the left brake light he said that a connector running along the left side is not staying in place - it jumps in and out of place some times causing the light to be on for a while and then off.

He said he needs to replace that first and then he can track down the reason for the left side power loss.

It's funny but the truck switch doenst work or the antenna. I used to hear the antenna running whenever I put the radio on now I dont hear nothing. Somethings gotta give - I mean they wont give me a ticket as long as the brake light and back up light work so I am good, but I hate these little things here and there.

Where is the relay for teh antenna and trunk switch etc...
Old 01-21-2007, 02:11 PM
legend 32

Default brake light falure

the brake switch is connected with a box what is located behind rear seat(in the trunk).
the brake switch switch negative...the box switch it to positive.
i found this when i needed a positive signal from the brakes for the remote start