Thread: Changing Acura RL Spark Plugs

Changing Acura RL Spark Plugs

I have a 2000 Acura RL with 110,000 mi. It is time to change spark plugs. Can I do this myself or should I have the dealer do it for $125? Is there a good repair book/manual that shows how this is done? Should I change the spark plug wires too? The car is runnuing well.

It's up to you whether or not you wish to change the spark plugs. Anything can be done with a little elbow grease and dirt involved.

The best manual would be the actual Acura RL manual from Helm.
    http://www.helminc.com

Have fun!
    Add to my vouch thread:
    Vouch Thread

Is there an online diy article that shows how to change the Acura spark plugs?

It is pretty straightforward. You have to remove the plastic cover. Then you'll see each of the 6 coil packs. Each one has to be removed and then you'll see the hole for the plugs. They are easy to get to.
    Someone on www.acuraworld.com may have instructions... Nice group of RL owners there...

Honda-Acura
    Honda S2000

Honda-Acura