Notices

RL instrument light bulbs

Old 12-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Klutch1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RL instrument light bulbs

Does the cluster take a standard bulb (if so does anyone have the part number) or do you have to get them from Acura?
Old 12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
01usjdmr

No it has different bulbs go to a dealer and have them pull you up a picture.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
mfraner

Bought 1 from a Dealer. They want $8.00 & change each & they told me they wont replace just 1. When they replace them it's all or none. After replacing one I believe them. When I reassembled my Instrument Cluster there were 6 more out just from handling it. The one I bought from them came with the socket like they were permanently attached but although they are tight I was able to remove them without breaking the sockets. went to Autozone & bought 12 bulbs like Toyota uses for $15.00 Total. The bulb is slightly smaller but same base. They will work fine, mine did. They are not easy to replace but well worth saving 300 plus dollars the Dealer wants to do the job. You have to remove parts of the console and center part of dash where Radio & Heater controls are located to get the Instrument Cluster out. Then 2 circuit boards are stacked together on back side of Inst. Cl. They will have to be removed to access the bulbs.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
SeamusNH
Parting out '96 RL

There is a thread on the acuraworld.com RL forum on how to replace the inst panel lights. Someone found some blue lights that looked pretty cool