Notices

weird experience....what could it be??

Old 07-27-2003, 12:18 AM
cu3tip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird experience....what could it be??

ok, well tonight...i went out, and raced my car at the track....and before i did this, i kind of thought my clutch had been having some problems...i'm not really sure what kind..anyway

so the first time i went ...i reved at like 3.5-4k and didnt really spin my tires...get to about redline.....shift into second....everythings going ok...get to redline shift again into 3rd, and my rpms werent moving down....its almost like it wasnt switching gears.....so i slowed down, and kinda jammed it into gear and still didnt do anything even in 4th gear.... then i put it in 5th and it dropped to normal rpms......what the heck?????? is that my clutch going???? (slipping)... i went for a second time, and it didnt really do anything like it did the first time......

i have had some previous people tell me that i might have been needing a clutch......was that a sign of it??...

let me know..

thanks
and if so.....wat kind of clutch kit should i get??? i have a LS with i/e/h
Old 07-27-2003, 01:37 PM
cu3tip

???????
Old 07-27-2003, 01:59 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

does it work normal now?
Old 07-27-2003, 02:55 PM
azn_redneck
Live Free Or Die

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you race a lot? Maybe you just need to adjust the clutch pedal. If the pedal is out of adjustment, it could be that the clutch isn't engaging fully when the pedal is fully released.

I believe Honda clutches can last the life of the car if you don't abuse them. However, if you do race a lot, a new clutch might be in order. In which case you'll probably want a good racing clutch of some type.