Notices

d@mn blinking light!

Old 07-26-2003, 02:21 PM
civicsirnos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d@mn blinking oil light!

i have a '91 integra rs (B18a). Today was the second day that my oil light was blinking. The first time was about a week ago but it quit blinking till now. The oil is full, no knocking, no burning of oil and no leaking -- SO ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT WHAt IS GOING ON???
THANKS,
Old 07-27-2003, 09:16 PM
Spec R

that oil light is sourced from a sensor near your oil filter, check it out there first.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:19 PM
ad869

Default blinking oil light

Hey - I'm new to this forum, but I'm having the exact same deal.
Did you find out what the problem was with your oil light flashing, and how did it get solved?

My oil light started blinking 2 weeks ago while driving home. It blinked while driving, then when the car idled (traffic light) it would light up constantly, then went back to blinking while driving.

I freaked and thought the oil was low so I got the oil changed right then. It bllinked after that and then in the morning. But then in the afternoon, it was fine - no light. And it stayed fine til tonight - its blinking again. Oil level looks good, no burning, and the oil still look gold, no leaks on the garage or parking lot.

Ideas or comments? How big and bad a job (time and cost) is a new oil pump - is it a common problem? Not sure how much more I should put into this car, tho its been the greatest for the last 12 years.

Thanks,

AD
Old 12-30-2003, 09:04 AM
94gs_r

How many miles on the car and when was the last time you changed your timing belt? Check your oil pressure first to see if it is within spec. If not, its probably time to change the oil pump.
As the oil pump is driven by the timing belt, you may want to consider replacing it at the same time.