Notices

Whats a good/cheap pair of brake rotors to get?

Old 07-25-2003, 10:54 AM
rabican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good/cheap pair of brake rotors to get?

My brakes dont seem to have the stoping power they should have its at 70k miles so im considering changing my brake rotors. I also recently changed my brake pads and didnt help so if anyone has any better ideas please help me out.

Ok so what would be some good/inexpensive pair of brake rotors to buy/good website to get them from?
Old 07-25-2003, 01:11 PM
Mac8008

OEM stuff is always the best when it comes to street driving. I don't understand why you don't have the stopping power you used to.

When you changed your brake pads did you resurface the rotors?
Old 07-25-2003, 01:16 PM
rabican

Well im not sure we replaced the brake fluid and never drained the master cylinder once cause we 4got about it and it wouldnt get pressure.

After a few weeks the preasure came back tho, im not sure why it sucks at stopping it feels like the car shakes when its trying to stop.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Taiwanze7

if the car shakes while you try to stop, then your rotors are warped. A good buy would be Brembo blank OEM rotors... I think ~$25/disc. However you'd probably want to do it soon since your brake pads will warp to match your rotors.
Old 07-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Daniel

A lot of track users would tell you that the best bang for your buck would be cheap-o rotors from AutoZone that you can go through for little $$$ and spend the remainder on GOOD pads with GOOD brake fluid.

Axxis Metal Masters and ATE Super Blue are one combination that should prove worthwhile!