Notices

Newbie questions

Old 07-25-2003, 07:57 AM
Geeforce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie questions

I'm looking to get into an Integra GSR and I have a couple of questions.

My budget is small for this purchase and I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck. Private sales of a GSR 5spd in the Boston MA area limit me to the 1994/95 models. Does anyone know the best way to locate cars for sale in my area other than the want advertiser?

With your experience, are there any years that I should avoid due to certain problems?

Since these cars will have mileage close to 100K I know I should be aware about the timing belt and water pump replacement and perhaps the clutch too but in general, what should I be looking for when checking these cars out?

And finally, is there a site where I can find the manufacturers maintenance schedule so I can cross check this when I check the cars out?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out on this one. I can't wait to get into a GSR and take it into the twisties in VT!
Old 07-25-2003, 08:41 AM
9600baud
JDM rox ur world

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you do, dont take your car to ACURA OF BOSTON, they're a bunch of lying rip offs... I took my car there before I bought it and asked them to give me a used car inspection thing... and 1 month later bam a hella lotta expensive problems show up. I argue with them and all they say is "The used car inspection is just a very superficial inspection"... it cost $100 for the inspection.