Notices

If There Is A God Someone Will Help Me!@!!!

Old 07-24-2003, 04:43 PM
UserName420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If There Is A God Someone Will Help Me!@!!!

OK, So i buy this 92 integra. works good for a couple months then one day i goto my car after being at my girls house for about 5 hours and it wont start. it turns over but wont start. i keep trying and i pump the gas. it catches every now and then and i get it to rev up by pumping the gas but it just dies right again. eventually after doing this a million times i get it started and it runs...runs fine for the next week or 2. then it does the same shit. wont start. same endup. so im driving along then all of a sudden it dies while im driving. i cost in drive pumping the gas hoping it will kik back to life..and it does..only for a few sec. then dies..then kicks back..then dies...I changed the fuel filter and the distributor cap and rotor and it seemed to help for a little while. but who the **** knows b/c it has a mind of its own. people keep telling me its either the fuel pump or the distrib. I dont have alot of $$$ to play guessing games. I took it to a mechanic but the check engine light does not go on when i need it to and it only acts up when mechanics are closed. so i dont know wtf. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO DIE!*^%@*!@
Old 07-24-2003, 04:49 PM
jfiedler
Junior Member w/Fries

Default Re: If There Is A God Someone Will Help Me!@!!!

Originally posted by UserName420
OK, So i buy this 92 integra. works good for a couple months then one day i goto my car after being at my girls house for about 5 hours and it wont start. it turns over but wont start. i keep trying and i pump the gas. it catches every now and then and i get it to rev up by pumping the gas but it just dies right again. eventually after doing this a million times i get it started and it runs...runs fine for the next week or 2. then it does the same shit. wont start. same endup. so im driving along then all of a sudden it dies while im driving. i cost in drive pumping the gas hoping it will kik back to life..and it does..only for a few sec. then dies..then kicks back..then dies...I changed the fuel filter and the distributor cap and rotor and it seemed to help for a little while. but who the **** knows b/c it has a mind of its own. people keep telling me its either the fuel pump or the distrib. I dont have alot of $$$ to play guessing games. I took it to a mechanic but the check engine light does not go on when i need it to and it only acts up when mechanics are closed. so i dont know wtf. PLEASE HELP ME I WANT TO DIE!*^%@*!@
when's the last time you had your tbelt done? it can do that when the belt loses a couple teeth and the timing gets off, with some cranking and engine movement the belt can get back in place well enough to correct the timing. it will get worse until it's fixed, if that's the problem...just an idea!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:55 PM
UserName420

the guy said he just changed the timing belt before i got it from him.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:37 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Do you have the service records on the car
What's the mileage?
Stock motor or swap?
If the timing belt is indeed slipping, I'd would indicate to me that it is ready to snap- which is not a good thing. Without a reciept to prove the belt was changed, I'm very skeptical of what the seller said he has done.... If you can answer these questions, I might be able to narrow it down a bit.

Dave

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-25-2003, 05:03 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

I'd say maybe check:

-alternator/battery
-distributor/cap and rotor
-plugs
Old 07-25-2003, 10:43 AM
VPUPPY

check you main fuel relay
Old 07-25-2003, 02:20 PM
st0ckWhee1s

Had the same problem on my other car. Same exact problem. Turned out to be the coils.

try those... it could be cheaper than the fuel pump or distributer.

good luck
Old 07-25-2003, 02:49 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Check the coil..I had a 91 teg and my coil just burned out one day while I was driving around and it would not start again. They're not that much $$. I got one from a civic and had it put in there.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:14 PM
BonzoAPD

i would definetly check the maintance records. Was the 90,000 mile service done? It may need a timing belt and tuneup.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:20 AM
nicomachus

If there is not a god, do you still want help?