Notices

Finiky acura

Old 07-24-2003, 12:33 PM
integrefied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finiky acura

I have an ongoing problem with my 1990 Acura Interga LS(160k). It seems that when the weather is hot and humid my car won't start, later in the evening when the temps cool, it will, and runs fine. I have good spark, the starter works fine. My problem is that when the prior conditions are present the the fuel pump won't be activated. I've checked the main relay, and voltage to the fuel pump. The fuel pump works when there is power to it which is not all the time. I've started to look at the ignition switch but don't a have a manual with an accurate continuity check diagram. Does anyone have any ideas to get my baby back on the road.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:43 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

A lot of people have had problems with the main fuel relay on g2 integras. Since you already checked it, I don't know what to tell ya. :dunno:

*although, it's possible that it worked when you checked it because it was not in the car. Try swapping it with one that works, it's not hard to replace.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:17 PM
tilt

how did you check the main relay? if it works on and off you just need to resolder the contacts on the pcb.