Notices

best shops and dealers in Central NJ?

Old 07-19-2003, 07:28 AM
vtecvanos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best shops and dealers in Central NJ?

hey guys,

finally letting go of my baby (98GSR). The buyer wil be picking it up next week and it will be their son's first time car.

Don't know much about the buyer, but I just want to do everything possible that my car will be in good hands once I let it go....so I need to know, what the best shops and what the best acura dealer is in Central NJ? THey live around Trenton I think.

I want to be able to give a list of recommended places to the buyers just so I know they won't take my car in to a shady mechanic. (The car has had some basic mods)

any help would be great.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2003, 01:21 PM
vtecvanos

bump
Old 07-21-2003, 07:40 AM
browndog2408

i live right outside trenton so exactly what u are talking about. I had bad experiences with Honda of Princeton. I havent dealt with the Acura dealership on Rt.1 so i cant give input on them. I took the chance and made the drive up to Open Road Acura on RT 18 in New Brunswick. I turned in my leased Civic there and bought my GSR there. They took care of my last 2 months payments on the lease, cancelled all the vehicle damage penalties (crows were eating my molding...very strange i know but its the truth) and paid for all my over mileage. As far as repair shops, i always use Bobby V's Autobody in Trenton for body work. I know him personally and he saved my girlfriend over $1500 vs the Toyota dealership she was going to take it too. She had a not so friendly meeting with a deer that really ****ed up her front end. He did the job in less than a week. He's save me at least $2000 on misc. repairs (ie crows...this happened twice) and upgrades. As far as basic mechanical repairs i always use Al's Sunoco in Pennington. They have been around for 40 years or something ridiculous like that. Its a little harder to find a serious performance shop around these parts though. I have yet to find somewhere that has a dyno. If you hear anything on that end let me know. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:22 AM
vtecvanos

thanks browndog......appreciate the input