Notices

Help with electrical issues? (I think)

Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with electrical issues? (I think)

Hey guys been a long time since i have been here. Car is running pretty well, until about 4 weeks ago. It first started with blown interior lights, climate control lights, no ac/ or heater even turns on. No radiator fans at all. Now it contines with no taillights, rear defoster, starting ding, also does not let me know when headlights are on if i get out of car. I think i have a short, or else maybe a bad Heater Motor relay, or main? The car also stalls out somtimes at idle, just dies but i can restart it almost right of bat. The colder the days the better, seems to run better that way. no reverse lights at all.

Checked all fuses none look blown, (checked both underhood and in fuse box), Grounds look pretty good? i removed aftermarket streo/amp and wires . my car leaks anti freeze until i can buy a new radiator, and the ground closest to rad looks a little green (Corosion i guess) anyone have any ideas? I bought a circit tester today, a main relay, and tommarow the motor relay will be here. Going to try one more time before work tommarow. I wanted to see if anyone have some suggestions or input. Im stumped! Thanks!

Last edited by BKKloppenborg; 09-27-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah with that many symptoms the only real way to offer help is to just start checking continuity. it might be something simple like your alternator took a dump. or something major like a clump of wires shorted out. good luck!