Notices

Engine Hesitation

Old 06-23-2003, 10:16 AM
sev
Poker Anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Hesitation

Hey everyone,

I just got a 96 GSR with 140,000 miles. I just had a new alternator put in. Last night I was driving through the rain, and on about three different occassions, the car wouldn't respond when I hit the gas... then a big burst of energy would jerk the car and it would accelerate for a period almost as if it was trying to catch up... any idea what this is???? I have only put one tank of gas through, and everything seemed fine (except for this buzzing sound) til then.... I just need to know if I should try to keep this car or ditch it and try to find a better one.

Ed
Old 06-23-2003, 10:34 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

That used to happen in my 90 ls sometimes. I channged the oil and air filter and it didn't do it anymore. I think it may have something to do with the extreme humidity of the air.???
Old 06-23-2003, 11:40 AM
Captain Ratman

Default Re: Engine Hesitation

Originally posted by sev
Hey everyone,

I just got a 96 GSR with 140,000 miles. I just had a new alternator put in. Last night I was driving through the rain, and on about three different occassions, the car wouldn't respond when I hit the gas... then a big burst of energy would jerk the car and it would accelerate for a period almost as if it was trying to catch up... any idea what this is???? I have only put one tank of gas through, and everything seemed fine (except for this buzzing sound) til then.... I just need to know if I should try to keep this car or ditch it and try to find a better one.

Ed
Try some injector cleaner in your gas tank......sounds to me like partially clogged injectors

Scott.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:23 PM
sev
Poker Anyone?

I just did that... a whole tank with a bottle of that valvolvine fuel system cleaner...