Notices

90 integra intermittently won't start

Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM
disruptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 integra intermittently won't start

Hi, first post here, I hope this is the correct forum.

My integra has been having this problem for a few months now, every once and a while it won't start. I can start it, drive to work, then I try to start it at lunch and it won't start, it turns over just fine though. It wasn't happening very often and usually if I just pulled the key out waited a few minutes then try again and it would eventually start up.

The other day I tried to leave work and it wouldn't start. I kept trying for like 45 minutes but it was just dead. I had a buddy turn the key for me while I listened inside the gas tank to see if I could hear the fuel pump, I heard nothing. Well, I went back to it the next day and gave it another shot and it still wouldn't start. Since it had been doing this a while I assumed it would start again..... Today I went back to it again and it started right up. I got it home no problem. I'm really low on cash and couldn't afford a tow so I am very happy I got it back. Has anyone seen something like this? I started thinking maybe the fuel pump died, but the car has never died while running, just intermittently not starting. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful
Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
john2plus8

could be the battery connection or the battery's gone
Old 08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Sw8

Default Main Relay?

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my 1988 Integra about 8 years ago. Can't remember the exact symptoms (e.g., whether it would crank) but recall that intermittently would not start. Turned out the a part called the main relay (under dash behind fuse box) was bad. Replaced and haven't had that problem since.

Good Luck!