Notices

95 LS Eibach Pro-System Kit (Rear Sitting Too Low)

Old 03-10-2011, 05:56 AM
mdb20
Marky Mark B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 LS Eibach Pro-System Kit (Rear Sitting Too Low)

I just recently installed an Eibach Pro System kit with springs and shocks on a 95 LS. I contacted Eibach yesterday about the front sitting significantly higher than the rear. The rear of the car looks slammed and the front looks stock. The rear has significant negative camber and the front doesn't. The kit only lowers the car 1.3" F&R, so I was surprised by how much it dropped the rear of the car in relation to the front. I went by the Eibach instructions and the Haynes manual as far as preloading the front suspension during the install part of the job with the new shocks and springs. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas? I can post pics in reference to what I'm talking about if necessary.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
cruzalekz

maybe the springs were installed backwards---fronts to rears
Old 03-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

I am supposed to be installing mine sometime soon I will let you know about how they turn out. I have read that the way the integras are and the way the springs are set up, the front does usually sit higher but there is no reason for the rear to be slammed and the front to not notice a difference.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
mdb20
Marky Mark B.

I had the correct parts on the car for the front and the rear. It's nearly impossible to get them mixed up since the front and rear springs look quite a bit different. The front springs seem to be stiffer too. I rechecked the front springs/shocks to make sure they were preloaded correctly with a jack while off the ground on a jackstand. This was advised by Eibach Tech to make sure that the vehicle sat at the correct height and was level. I didn't see a noticeable improvement from doing this however. I came to the conclusion that the back had to be sitting way too low. I looked at the parts breakdown again, since I was using some original OE parts and some Eibach parts in the assembly process. I noticed that there was an approx 1" tall metal collar that I must have removed and not reinstalled with the new rubber upper bushing from Eibach. The front shock assembly collars stayed in the upper mounts and weren't removed separately like the rear. After removing the main top shock nut and utilizing the Eibach supplied upper rubber bushing and collar, this seemed to solve the ride height issue. Without the metal collar (spacer) and new bushing, the vehicle seemed to be sitting about 1 1/2" too low or almost 3" in total drop which explains the slammed look. This was kind of an amateur move on my part, but seeing that the work was done over the course of a week due to a broken head on a lower control arm bushing bolt, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised when working on a 17 year old car with stock rusted suspension components and hardware. The rear still seems to sit a little bit lower than the front, but I'm pretty sure that it did when the car was at the stock ride height as well. It's definitely at a more realistic ride height than before.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Add some pics if you can of the ride height now. I have yet to install my been flying long hours but it should be installed in the next few weeks. Taking it to the auto hobby shop here on base. They have lifts so it should be easier for me to do. Ill make sure I do not forget that spacer. Thanks for the update on that because I probably would have done it the same way.