Notices

98 GSR D D ?s

Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 GSR D D ?s

Yes,
I'm looking at having my B18C1 rebuilt sometime down the road. Planning on doing some basic things. What my plans on since money tighter now that the mortgage went up. Since this happened I want to change my pistons but not sure which to get/use. CTR/ITR or do I use 1gen B16A or B16A2 pistons. So, my setup would be as follow:aem short ram, apex ws2 exhaust, need a cat( magnaflow high flow cat& header either some dc 4-2-1 1pc or some ebay 4-2-1 stainless 1pc header. I don't plan on messing with the head or ecu. Hopefully no tune will be needed. BTW 195K
I'd like to do more but mortgae comes 1st! I'm sure it should run a little better than stock.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2011, 06:14 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember doing this a while back and i put in b161 pistons (i heard they're the same as the itr). There are some websites out there that will give you the compression ratios with the head/bottom end and piston combos.

I know after i did my new pistons + Stock tune the car did run a bit rich it felt like (butt dyno) but i eventually fought adjustable fpr and fuel gauge and a vafc and had a local put a wide band on it and tunned it for daily driving.