Notices

98 GSR Issues

Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 GSR Issues

Took car to get an oil change. They noticed my 2 front motor mounts are bad,front links boots, L inner tie rod & trailing arm bushings all bad. The prices they gave parts/labor:mounts $ 520, links boots I belive is the sway bar $380, l-inner tie rod end $ 410 & trail. arm bushings $ 450. Of course an allignment which is crazy $150. I have a few places that charge like $79.

As far as the mounts would it be cheaper to go w/ hasports or stay oem ? Also, since they mentioned trailing arm bushing. Would it be cheaper/better to just get some blox etc..lca which should have the new bushings of what they re replacing anyway .

Thanks for your time

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Tobra

aftermarket for that stuff should be okay, rear trailing arms the bushing is attached to it as I recall, so you buy the whole thing. This is not included in the polyurethane kits.

Rear motor mount is also probably bad, and is a bit of a PITA to change.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 PM
cruzalekz

aftermarket motor mounts is recommended,,, also for the trailing arm bushing, i just saw a good brand on ebay,, (dont get oem since you know that they crack overtime) dont get the poly bushing INSERT coz its PITA to do and they make noise.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
gingas

So whats some good inserts. When I'm ready I think I'm going with the skunk2 lca since I hear the blox are not great.