Notices

manual in an auto body

Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM
joe_kewl81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual in an auto body

I've recently managed to get an automatic body converted to a manual. Runs great for the most part. Body needs tlc...I'm getting a code for the EGR system, of course after reading my Chiltons manual, I find it isn't on manual transaxle Integras...So I'm not concerned that my engine is running incorrectly..."seems" fine, plenty of power...I am concerned that the computer changes the idle speed based on the gear for the automatic shifter. (in order to eliminate the neutral safety switch problem, I left the gear selector switch plugged in.) There are 2 plugs under the hood of the car that the auto engine and trans had that the manual doesn't...honestly I really wasn't concerned about it, I knew the engine would run. Lately, it seems like she idles a little rough, and occasionally the rpms will drop, but the computer will compensate. Ive installed new injectors (helped quite a bit actually) but every once in a while i still feel that "cough". Theres a lot of factors against her (219,000 miles for instance, and i dont show her much mercy) But when it was in her original body (rolled it unfortunately) it ran fine (maybe i need a computer from a manual body??)...dont expect anyone to know what to do but ill gladly take input! Thanx
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 AM
joe_kewl81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new exhaust and adjusting the timing seems to have done the trick...