Notices

1988 Integra - Window Dew Wipes Needed?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Sw8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 Integra - Window Dew Wipes Needed?

Hi,

The exterior driver's side window has faint, vertical scratches (primarily toward the front portion of the glass) on it due to what I've been told is worn out Window Dew Wipes. Acura dealer says item is discontinued. Have searched eBay and various sources via Google for part but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, can it be solved by cleaning the felt, replacing the contact material (felt), or is a new window wipe assembly required?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Spec R

whhha? how can it be discontinued? i thought the felt was intergrated into the window trim/molding. i paid 40 bucks or something for the driver side front door of my old integra sedan. it was the whole trim piece itself.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Sw8

Yes, I believe that you are right Spec R that the felt is integrated into the window trim/molding. An Acura part manager directed me to his online parts catalog but the part, while listed on his inhouse database, was removed from the online version. He explained that the part, belt moulding assembly Acura part no. 75850-SAMD2000, was discontinued. I've confirmed this with two other Acura dealers.

Is anyone aware of a global Acura parts inventory database that could determine availability of this part? Any suggestions on how to repair or replace this item?