Notices

p1457 canister system leakage

Old 05-15-2010, 09:55 PM
cruzalekz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p1457 canister system leakage

00 integra gsr with the above code.

smoke tested and no leaks found.

with bi directional scanner, purge solenoid clicks, vent solenoid clicks, two way valve solenoid clicks. tank pressure sensor tested ok with the multimeter while applying vacuum.
parts that i change so far is the TWO WAY VALVE, vent solenoid, used canister from the junk yard, and a new fuel cap. still the code keeps showing up.

any other common failures for this code? do you have a drivecyle for evap monitor because i usually get the code while driving on the freeway.

im running out of options, im thingking of buying the purgesolenoid next but i hope to get some feedback from you guys coz these parts are really not cheap. thanks in advance
Old 05-17-2010, 09:05 AM
Spec R

yeah unfortunately they are not cheap. what does the factory service manual say? is it even a servicable part/etc?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im pretty sure this is the 2-way valve that you changed already, but here it is anyway. I just fixed a '94 LS with that problem. I installed a used canister from ebay and a new Purge Solenoid that I bought from this website.

http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autohausaz/detailw.jsp?sid=pmadzx45qewv3g55ibai5efd&partner=a utohausaz&year=2000&make=AC&model=INT-GSR3-001&category=B2024∂=Vacuum%20Valve
Old 05-22-2010, 09:19 AM
cruzalekz

heres the update on this,
i just swithched a two way bypass solenoid with my friends car. did a drive cyle and the check engine light is still on. i swithced it before buying the part because of a TSB for this part but im lucky still coz i didnt buy the part since i borrowed it from my friend but still the light is on.

im going to double check the FTP sensor again for its electrical specs. Hopefully i will find the culprit soon. the two way valve did not fix it unfortunately theres a difference with an obd1 evap system with a 98 and up integra (enhannced evap). wish i had a 95 integra

i forgot to mention that my filler neck of my tank is missing that alluminum flapper that you see whenever you fill up gas, does that matter???

Last edited by cruzalekz; 05-22-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Lynxs1981

You also need to check the shut off valve on the canister.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:21 AM
cruzalekz

lynx the shut off valve is the vent valve is it?

if it is, i checked that with the bi directional scanner and it opens and closes the backdoor pretty good since i also introuduced air and smoke in that area of the canister and i could visually see the smoke apear and disappear when i commanded the vent valve on and off the scanner. i did the same with the purge solenoid.
cleared the code and still got the CEL, MIL

as off today, is still havent got a chance to check the FTP sensor since its been a very busy week for me at the shop.
Old 05-31-2010, 05:27 PM
Lynxs1981

Yes, you are correct. They're the same, I some how over looked you writing that. Another issue that could be causing this CEL is loose/clogged/damaged/etc. hoses. If you see smoke moving or being sucked into the system anywhere, then you have a leak.

Check that FTP sensor also. If that's bad it will trick the ECU into thinking you have a leak.

Last edited by Lynxs1981; 05-31-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 PM
cruzalekz

i just check the FTP (fuel Tank pressure sensor), with the scanner and a vacuum pump, the voltage readings seems to respond and hold while applying vacuum as well as releasing vacuum to the sensor. i did this test a couple of times to see if theres any glitch on the output of the sensor but it seems to respond smoothly as i pump and release the vacuum to it.

there must be something im missing, . . . . anyways, i wil take out the backseat and try to smoke this sh#t again which is driving me crazy. hopefully something will show up.
any ideas????
Old 06-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Lynxs1981

Originally Posted by cruzalekz
i also introuduced air and smoke in that area of the canister and i could visually see the smoke apear and disappear when i commanded the vent valve on and off the scanner.
I would check around here again. If you see smoke disappearing in this area, then this is where your leak is. It should be sealed tight in this area.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 AM
cruzalekz

im taking the back seats off today and ill smoke the system again tomorrow at the shop.