Notices

Helpppp!!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 PM
ak_96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helpppp!!!!

Hey guys. I'm doing a swap like a type r minimy. b18c1 block and b16a2 head. The only reason i have is that the cam gears are not lining up. It's off by a tooth. I tried many different ways of doing the timing but then i still end up with the same thing over and over. I was told that i have to degree the cams?
Any suggestions out there if you guys have the same problem and cam to fix it? I want to get this motor up and running.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you sure everything was at TDC when you tensioned the belt? maybe it skipped a tooth because you're using the wrong procedure, are you using a manual? IIRC theres a few steps and rotations you have to do before tensioning the belt

FYI- I'd hate to be the first to say this but the P72 will yield a higher compression and has similar flow characteristics to a pr3 head; so I wouldn't just junk that b18c1 head.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:46 PM
cruzalekz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

off set the teeth of the cams and spin the motor by hand until everything lines up. might not be a good idea to change the cam gears coz you might end up messing it up more.