Notices

96 Integra B18B1 install help

Old 03-18-2010, 12:33 PM
ReaperOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Integra B18B1 install help

I just recently replaced my engine (well swaped it to rebuild the original) everything is together, but need a diagram to show where all of the hoses go. . . I try to start and it wants to, but will not turn over . . . Im sure it is something small, but am stumped as to what it could be. I want to check all of the hoses to be sure they are all in the right place. . . This is my first swap and i have had help, but now Im stuck. . . . I changed the Pulley to a smaller aftermaerket one, also the Cam gears and had to but a new throttle body(long story), and added an MSD kit to it(not my idea, but went along with it). . . but other than that everything else is stock. . . My car has been sitting for a year now and I finally almost have it running,:woohoo: Almost taste the victory, but stuck:thinking: so please Help! ! ! ! !
Old 03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Are you talking about the vacuum hoses? I dont think that they will effect your car starting. I could be wrong though.

I would do a basic test for fuel and spark. Is it turning over? Take a few pics of your engine bay, maybe we will be able to help you better. You could get an online manual somewhere if you search.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:00 PM
ReaperOne

I am looking into all of the hoses, vacuum, heater, air, coolant, just double checking everything. . . hoses are easy so starting there. . .

engine is in the car, so hard to take pix, and hard to figure what the problem is, how would I check fuel and spark, what is the first thisng you would check. . . it wants to start, just wont turn over. . . .

Also The guy that originally started the swap painted my block, so some stuff that should not have gotten painted did. . . most of it was parts that were replaced anyways, but was told that a few sensors were painted as well. . .

Do you think this could be it? ? ?

Last edited by ReaperOne; 03-18-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Ok, that sensor that was painted over is probably the oil pressure sensor. I could be wrong because mie is in the different location, but that should be it. That could be it but thats not the first place id start.

Check for spark: Take any plug out, plug it back on the ignition wire, hold it next to your valve cover, then have someone crank. Look for spark.

Check for fuel, loosen the fuel line bolt where it goes to fuel rail. Put your ignition to ACC fuel should come out when pump primes.

If its not cranking. Check battery, charge it. Make sure the connections to starter are solid. Check the ECU ground on your thermostat housing, make sure its not corroded and has metal-metal contact. Check all other grounds.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:50 PM
ReaperOne

Thanks on the sensor, I changed it out anyways, just be settle within myself knowing that the painted one is out. . .

As for spark, i did what you said and none showed spark, how close to the valve cover does it have to be? ? ? I also took off the MSD kit and tried with the stock Distributor with the same outcome, so what is the next move as far as spark goes? ? ?

The fuel is there as the bolt had to be tightened when we 1st started to crank due to it leaking a little, so I know the fuel is mobile. . .

Here is Video of me trying to start(used my remote start), maybe if you hear it, it may help the process of elimination. . .

Thanks for the insight so far, hope this brings more help. . .

Also I have a throttle cable coming from my transmission and I am not sure how to hook it up. . . I think it goes onto the throttle body, i see where the connection lines up, but not sure how or where to connect the cable. . . You can see it in all of the pix that I posted and it is not connected. . . .

Last edited by ReaperOne; 03-21-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Im not really familiar with the MSD ignition kit, but I am under the impression that it only includes the cap, rotor, and ignition control module. You are still using your stock distributor, however. You need to take off your dist. cap and test the coil and igniter. Look it up, you could probably find a DIY and use the repair manual.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 PM
ReaperOne

Okay, I disconnected the fuel rail and saw that it is pumpin fuel, I also disconnected and reconnected the MSD kit, now I see spark from all 4 plugs, but when I look into the distributor cap(it is transparent red) I only see spark from 3 cables, the # 4 doesnt show spark, but the plug does. . .

So Fuel and Spark are okay or am I wrong? ? ?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Spark should be ok, just clean up the terminals with a file. Does it start now?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Lynxs1981

For all testing purposes, I would use a stock distributor cap also. Have you done anything to this motor after you got it, maybe check cam timing to be sure it set right also.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
ReaperOne

No, Still the same situation, what is it I should clean up, the cap is brand new. . .