Notices

Emblem Removal

Old 03-19-2003, 09:33 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emblem Removal

I have a '92 Integra and I want to remove the emblems off the hatchback. I've heard that you can use a blowdryer and fishing line to get it off. Are there any holes under the emblems? If so, what would you use to patch and paint it?
Old 03-19-2003, 01:26 PM
h0ckeyplr

You can use fishing line to remove it... i think there will be holes though.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:34 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fishing line, floss, a credt card...they will all do. Yes, there are holes under all emblems. You could use bondo since the holes are small...but I don't have any experience with that, so I don't know how it would turn out.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Tobra

Originally posted by RB
fishing line, floss, a credt card...they will all do. Yes, there are holes under all emblems. You could use bondo since the holes are small...but I don't have any experience with that, so I don't know how it would turn out.
This is not exactly true. Iknow for a fact the LS, GS and GSR badges have no pins and are just glued on, I think only the big A on the front and back are the only thing with pins on the G-3, and believe the same holds true for G-2. Heat the emblem with a blowdryer to soften adhesive, and carefully run a piece of floss, monofilament or whatever between emblem and car. Goo gone will take that shat(glue) off, but check under the hood or trunk first incase it eats the paint
Old 03-19-2003, 10:56 PM
pomansouth

use wd-40 to get glue off trust it is much quicker and will in no way hurt your paint