Notices

GSR and theft

Old 03-19-2003, 07:29 AM
Tobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR and theft

Getting a house, finally. THe wife is bitching about me wanting to park the convertible bug and GSR both in the garage. I already shaved the VTEC badge, and am planning to shave the GS-R badge. How long would I be able to park it in the driveway in a nice Carmichael neighborhood before it got stolen. I am thinking less than a month, am I just being paranoid? I am planning to pretty much tell her to park her SUV out there, who is going to steal that, but it would almost be worth getting my car stolen so I A. Don't have to listen to her bitch, and B. Can point out to her again how often I am right.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:53 AM
GSR96

The way I look at it is if you have an alarm then that will prevent many people from attempting to take your car. However if there is someone who really wants your car then there really isn't anything you can do. If someone wants it bad enough they will find a way to get it.

If I remember correctly there was someone on this board a while back who had their car stolen from their garage.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:07 AM
ur31337
Colby

I'd call the local police, ask them how often they get reports of stolen cars in the area, surrounding areas. Just have a good alarm, installed well, the club or lo-jack if you're REAL paranoid.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Tobra

I have a decent alarm, the club does nothing, I would use the lawman, it locks onto the clutch or brake and prevents the car from being driven. Have the stock wheels, which the civic guys seem to like, but wheel locks there too. I have just heard a lot of horror stories about Sacto and car theives.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:21 PM
v-teg01
Candy

sleep in your car with a baseball bat in your arms, that should work pretty well. Or take your tires off every night and disconnect the battery. No one would ever think about stealing it then.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:02 PM
B20zvtec
B20BVTEC

Originally posted by v-teg01
sleep in your car with a baseball bat in your arms, that should work pretty well. Or take your tires off every night and disconnect the battery. No one would ever think about stealing it then.
LOL, thats a good one... Got the lowjack on mine and a fuel cutoff switch. Normal alarm, but if u disconnect the battery or cut the first obvious lead wire it will continue to power the alarm with a 9v battery in a hidden place. There are actually 2 alarms in my car. the other is for when at night it is in front of my house, i have 2 transponders set up. When the alarm is breached my house lights turn on... Cool huh.
I also had the windows reinforced with mild silicon reinforcement. Its cool b/c when u break my window it creates a rubber shield of glass. That was a neat trick my neighbor taught me.
Old 03-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Which car do you drive more often? Why not park the bug outside?

I parked my GSR on the street in San Jose for a month; it's still intact.

No amount of theft protection is going to *prevent* a thief from stealing your car while you sleep. All those autolocks and whatnot will make it much harder for someone to break-in and drive away during your lunch break, but if it's on the street and you're sound asleep, it usually means bad news.

Shingo
Old 03-20-2003, 07:07 AM
eclipse spanker

you are not being paranoid.......I bought mine on a friday, and 4 days later, they tried to steal it.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:21 AM
BonzoAPD

get lo jac so if it is stolen it can be tracked.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:45 AM
TheRapture

Default Re: GSR and theft

Originally posted by Tobra
A. Don't have to listen to her bitch, and B. Can point out to her again how often I am right.

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA ahhhhhh damn... I HEAR THAT MAN!:naughty: