Notices

Exhaust sugg.?

Old 03-18-2003, 01:05 PM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust sugg.?

My '92 Integra still has the stock exhaust. I want to replace it with one that has more bang for my buck. I have very little money to spend. Barely any. I also want one that will basically bolt-on without any under-car modifications. HELP!
Old 03-18-2003, 01:13 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much we have to work with here?
Old 03-19-2003, 04:59 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Moneywise, a good guess about how much money I'll probably make this month is maybe $400-$500. It's kinda complicated how I have this set up. My bank acct. is divided into two categories:car and college. Before I bought my car, each paycheck was divided like so: 20%-spending money, 40%-car savings, 40%-college savings. I bought a '92 Integra for about $2700, but I had to borrow $1000 from my college savings. So now each month, I'm gonna pay my college savings back $200/month until I pay back the $1000. I'll divide my paycheck like normal, except payback as much is necessary to my college savings first, then I'll divide my check as mentioned above. My car savings is reserved for insurance and any repairs I'll need. All unnecessary mods to my car will be spent out of my spending money(20% of each paycheck). But, I'll need to buy gas using only my spending money. Work is only 3 miles away, so I won't be spending much on gas. I figure about $40/month to spend. That's only if Kohl's doesn't give me good hours. Around holidays, I can expect triple that amount.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:03 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Try going to a local car shop and ask how much it would be for a custom catback. I was quoted at 300.
Old 03-19-2003, 06:39 AM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

$300 sounds about right. You can also check eBay for good deals, they come up every once in a while - make sure to search several times with various combinations of the words. Also, if you have any friends into imports, you can ask them - often some guy will sell his barely-used Tanabe because he wants a 5Zigen, or is selling the car, going to jail, who knows, etc.
But it's very possible to do it on a budget!
Old 03-19-2003, 01:43 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save up your money unless an exhaust is completely necessary. I've come to realize that without patience, modding your car is not a good idea. You'll end up making the wrong decision because you are in a hurry. Take time to pay off your car, save up some money to pay for a full cat back exhaust.

Some decent exhausts for the G2's are:

-Greddy MX
-RS*R (very rare, probably wont find this one)
-DC Sports cat back
-Thermal classic
-HKS Hiper (a bit loud)

If you can't afford a full cat back, like the ones above (probably from 4-500 dollars), you could get a muffler and then have it re piped at a muffler shop.

I'd recommend waiting. Take your time and don't be in such a hurry. Pay off your car first.