Notices

Radio install question

Old 03-16-2003, 10:59 AM
pnthr30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio install question

I also posted this over on the electronics board, but not much action/response over there and I thought that some of you could answer this pretty easily (hopefully). Anyways, here it is. I am trying to install a HU into a 99 Teg. I know, or at least I think I know, that the stock unit is attached by two screws from behind. I was able to get the screw on the right side of the unit off (passenger side), but cannot seem to get at the other screw. I can see it, but I can't get at it. Is there a trick to this, or am I just an idiot? Do you need to take anything else out to get at it? Do you get at it from the passenger side also? Any special tools? I have been trying to use an 8mm socket or a philips screwdriver, both of which worked on the other side. Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!
Old 03-16-2003, 01:04 PM
gregz93integra
Banned

rip the mother****er out, that how i got the stock HU out of my integra.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Zedron
Turbo B20

you can rip it out or do it the right but long way of taking out the center consol where the rear seat ash tray is and the front center consol where the shifter is...and then you will see those 8mm bolts that need to be removed.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:34 PM
pnthr30

Originally posted by Zedron
you can rip it out or do it the right but long way of taking out the center consol where the rear seat ash tray is and the front center consol where the shifter is...and then you will see those 8mm bolts that need to be removed.
That is what I thought, I was just looking for a shortcut.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:22 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Originally posted by Zedron
THE RIGHT WAY. That would suck if you accidentaly cracked your dash when prying at your hu.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Psychosis
Meber

yah don't rip it out... they're a bitch to get out, but it can be done