Notices

I locked my keys in my car!

Old 03-16-2003, 10:43 AM
SuperMaxiPad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I locked my keys in my car!

Any way to get them out short of a locksmith. If i do have to call a locksmith, will that thing they use to go down the side of the door mess up the automatic windows, or loosen the rubber siding so that it leaks? btw i have a 99 ls
Old 03-16-2003, 10:48 AM
KAUAI KANE
91' Toyota Supra

Location: Iwakuni, Japan. And where ever the Marine Corps sends me

nope but it is real easy for me to unlock my car with a slim jim. I have dont it alot cause i always used to lock my keys into the car takes me about 1min. its hard to explain so i can't really tell you how to do it .
Old 03-16-2003, 01:20 PM
jclau00

take a metal coat hanger. unbend it. make a little hook at the end.

then stick the hanger between the window and the rubber/plastic sealing stuff. tap the chrome auto lock tab.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:21 PM
93Integra

One time I locked them on the car with it running. I was getting out of my car to talk to somebody and I have a habbit of locking it when I get out. And the wind was blowing hard and it shut it enough to just barely latch. :doh: :slap: :rofl: Sorry that doesnt help you just thought I'd share one of my embarrassing moments.
Old 03-16-2003, 04:54 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

93Integra, what'd you do to get back in?? Passenger door? Spare key? Broke the window with a He-Man style punch? Man, you gotta finish that story....
Old 03-16-2003, 06:32 PM
XSrcing

coat hangerand slim jim style. it doesnt mess up the power windows.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:02 PM
93Integra

Originally posted by DelSolSIinMD
93Integra, what'd you do to get back in?? Passenger door? Spare key? Broke the window with a He-Man style punch? Man, you gotta finish that story....
Oh sorry, you know g2s didnt have anything around the door glass on the top and side. Well, since the door only barely latched I could pull the glass back some and with a coat hanger I pushed the pass window switch and rolled down the window. Thank god I had power windows and that I found somebody with a metal coat hanger. What sucked was the rent-a-cop didnt know where he put the slim jim, so I had to improvise. Just to give you some more detail it happened in the school parking lot before school and I missed like half my class, but oh well I didnt care about that I was worried about getting back into my car before someone else did b/c I was running back and forth trying different things.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:49 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

I had a G2 GS-R (a red '92), but luckily I never had to pull that trick. The car came with a trick Clifford alarm from the dealer, and it was the first car I'd had with such a fancy alarm. As a result, I never ever left the big fat grey alarm fob (with keys attached) anywhere but in my hand or in my pocket... so no lockouts.

Del Sols (my current car) have the same setup, though... so I know exactly what you mean.