Notices

Better Mileage?

Old 03-14-2003, 09:08 AM
NVS
That's Mr.NVS to you!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better Mileage?

Does adding CAI and new exhausts and mufflers and the like help with fuel mileage. If I'm gonna add that crap to my car, I don't feel like paying for more gas than I already need. I hardly make enough to just barely pay for insurance(just liability!) and gas. State Farm wants $1200/year just for liability. And right now, Kohl's is only gonna schedule me for like 5-7 hours/week. Let's see, $7.50/hour x 6hours(give them the benefit of the doubt)= $45.00/week. Take out 'bout 25% to Uncle Sam, and that leaves me with $34.00/week. $136/month. $100 goes to insurance. $36/month. All goes to gas. $0/month. :angry: :angry: WTF is wrong with this picture?:angry: :angry: Word of advice: Don't work at Kohl's unless you live in a cardboard box with no worries except for the occasional flea bite.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:34 AM
90'RS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say that these shouldn't make to much of a difference in gas mileage but a friend of mine had a mirage that had i/e, tb, and fpr and was getting something like 35 mpg. This was 5-10 more than factory listings.
On another note sounds like you need to find another job, or not even worry about modding your car yet.