Notices

lighter socket!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lighter socket!

hey everyone. for xmas this past year i got a shiny new GPS system, works awesome. only problem: the only adapter that came with it is for a lighter socket, and my 96 integra LS doesn't have one (bought it used in 2007) because i assume that the previous owner removed it. theres a pioneer deck in there (came with the car as well) and between it and the cupholders is an open hole to the wires at the back... other than that, i can get at them down by the pedals/passenger's feet, but thats it unless i pull the deck out (which id like to avoid if i could.) i have the haynes manual for the car and all the electrical diagrams say nothing about a lighter, but my fuse panel indicated that one fuse is for lighter+stereo.

so heres my question: should there be a wire already designated for my lighter that is sitting loose, and if so what colour is it? my father seems convinced it would be a thicker gauge than audio wire, is that true as well?
if not, i'll have to run a wire to the fuse box myself, right?

thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Lynxs1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's nothing underneath the cupholders? This is where the factory lighter is. There should be wiring behind it in the harness. I believe the wire you want is orange, and its a decent size.