Notices

Ideas on Integra Performance Parts

Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 AM
mdb20
Marky Mark B.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas on Integra Performance Parts

I've got a '95 Integra LS Sedan with a manual transmission and the non-vtec 1.8L engine. This car will soon become more of a "toy" than a daily driver for me. I want it to perform well on the street and the track on occasion. I'll be dropping some unnecessary weight from the car, so major power additions aren't going to be necessary at the moment. I would like to have the power somewhere in the area of the Type-R, but with no VTEC and no major power adders. I'm game for about any bolt on part or ECU tune to make it there. The only performance mods so far are a AEM V2 intake, ceramic brake pads, 12lb 15" Konig aluminum wheels and Kumho high performance tires. This is the 2nd Integra that I've owned, the other was a '96 LS Coupe with a manual trans, 17" lightweight wheels, Nitto Tires, Greddy Evo Cat-Back Exhaust and a short ram intake. So far, on both of my Tegs, the mods have been pretty mild. I'm wanting to put a Cat-back, headers, etc on my '95. Any ideas on good brands that hold up well, make good power, and are reasonably priced? I had issues with the Greddy exhaust muffler scraping the ground on steep driveways, etc. I liked the sound of Greddy alot, but it hung down a little low. I'm open to suggestions, but I prefer a deeper exhaust note to the "bumble bee" sound that you hear from alot of Honda's driving around. I'd be looking for something with good sound, but close to the dimensions of the stock muffler but with larger piping from the cat. Headers I'm pretty flexible with though. My only requirements for headers are price, performance gains and looks. I know the stainless steel headers look better and hold up better than their ceramic coated counter parts. They're typically more expensive though. Ideas or brands? I may want to put in a short throw shifter at some point, but I'm pretty sure I'd go with a B&M for that. I'll probably be upgrading the front and rear brake rotors and pads soon as well. I'm not gonna do a big brake kit, since it won't fit behind the 15's. Good rotors and good low dust pads will be suffice for the stopping power. With 125k on the clock, the stock suspension is in need of some upgrading as well. I would like to get a matching set of springs and shocks with a mild lowering and good ride for the street and the track. I'm cool with adjustable shocks, but I would prefer the ride height be a mild lowering and non adjustable. Suggestions and/or brands? I think that pretty much sums up all of the major areas that the Teg needs improvement on. Dropping some of that extra weight will help out in every performance category so that will help out tremendously. I've read that every 100 pounds of weight dropped = the equivalent of a 10hp gain. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I look at the 190hp Lotus Elise as a good example, since it weighs a hair under 2000lbs. I think that pretty much sums it up. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help and the ideas on all of this guys.

-Mark
Old 12-20-2008, 08:51 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

All of these questions are answered by our Integra FAQ.
Click the link in my signature and read through the index to pick out the relevant threads.

Also, please use our search engine.
Suspension upgrades, exhaust manifolds and cat-back exhausts have discussed literally thousands of times here.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM
jashby79

Default Wheels

How in the world did you find 12lb wheels?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
retlaw55

Originally Posted by jashby79
How in the world did you find 12lb wheels?
Edge Racing (Rota look alikes at 11.9# 6 1/2 x 15) I'm sure there are many more out there.... Enkei 15 x 7..9 1/2 #...Volk 15 x7 10.0 # ($473 ea:cry
SSR 15x6 8.8 #...etc