Notices

Build: 99 SSBP Integra GSR Project

Old 11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
2001TEGGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Build: 99 SSBP Integra GSR Project

I've never done a build thread in the past, and after all the work I put into my previous car, I wish I would have. This won't be an overnight success story, i'm working at a slow pace and trying to do everything right the first time. I'm all ears to comments, suggestions, constructive criticism, etc.

Just a bit of history, I totaled my last project about 8 months ago. It was an 01 Red GSR with a fully built motor, suspension, & a decent sound system. All I needed was to complete my turbo system, tune it, and get a decent paint job. Well one rainy night I was merging onto the highway at ~70, when some jerk decided to cut me off in attempt to exit last minute. He clipped my front, I jerked the steering wheel and lost it. Spun around and slammed into the wall. Everybody walked away. I started parting the car out, but came across a good deal on this shell in the process, so I changed my plans.

I'm still undecided about several things, I'd love to go with a JDM front, but still trying to justify the cost. So far i've only spent the buyback on my old car and the cost of this shell.

99 SSBP Shell, CLEAN TITLE theft recovery: $550
01 Totaled GSR buyback: $1000

Here are some pictures to get things started.

First day home:

In the garage

Interior, or lack there of is FILTHY!

And here's a few of the donor car.

First things first, installed my Koni, GC's 350/450, & F7 LCA's

My motor to be installed only has 7k Miles on it. Still turns and appears to be just fine. Has CP 9.7:1 Pistons, eagle rods, new bearings, OEM water pump, oil pump, complete gasket kit, and balanced rotating assembly. The head was resurfaced, had new valve guides pressed in, Supertech valvesprings, TI retainers, 3 Angle valve job, Hondata IM gasket, new ITR LMA's, Aerospeed camgears, cam seal's, cam plug, distributor O ring, and I may have missed a few things..

Not throwing the motor in until I can attatch my tranny, which for whatever reason will not go into 5th or reverse. Probably bent shift forks. Still debating wether i'm going to rebuild mine, or source an ITR tranny with the OEM LSD.

As of now, here's everything else I need before I can actually register & drive the car:

Radiator -- Fluidiyne or Koyorad
Axles -- DSS
Transmission -- Undecided, rebuild mine or OEM ITR
Motor Mounts -- Hasport or inovative
Shifter -- OEM
Shift Linkage -- OEM
Headlights -- OEM
Rear Bumper -- OEM
Wheels -- Undecided, Blades or RPF1's
Airbags -- OEM

Things I would like to buy ASAP:

Seats -- Black Recaro's
Sideskirts -- OEM Optional
Mirriors -- 98+
AC Compressor, Evap & Lines
Door Pannels
Center Console

I've completely scrubbed the inside of the shell and installed the wiring harness, dash, and interior. I didn't get any pictures yet, but i'll be sure to take some tomorrow. My blackberry is the only camera I have for now, I need to get a new digital.

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Spec R

oh man! those pics of the cars without wheels are just horrid to look at...looks like a fun build, thanks for posting it up!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by Spec R
oh man! those pics of the cars without wheels are just horrid to look at...looks like a fun build, thanks for posting it up!
I had that car in my garage before I bought the new shell. I stripped everything of value, including suspension & knuckles, and laid it on cinder blocks. I then attached a chain between the red Integra and my truck grill guard, and dragged the car out of the garage like that. I also did several "pit maneuvers" to get it pointed in the right direction. Wish I had pictures of that, It was sad to say the least.

I know it's a white trash like move to stick a mangled car in the yard, but I live far away from anybody who would complain. My dad suggested keeping it around until I get the blue car completely finished, just in case I need a bolt or something small. It's a good thing he said that, i've had to grab misc. items I never would have thought of removing.

It's been fun so far, but it will take time to get this thing done to my expectations. I won't dependant upon it as a DD so there's no rush.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Spec R

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
I had that car in my garage before I bought the new shell. I stripped everything of value, including suspension & knuckles, and laid it on cinder blocks. I then attached a chain between the red Integra and my truck grill guard, and dragged the car out of the garage like that. I also did several "pit maneuvers" to get it pointed in the right direction. Wish I had pictures of that, It was sad to say the least.

I know it's a white trash like move to stick a mangled car in the yard, but I live far away from anybody who would complain. My dad suggested keeping it around until I get the blue car completely finished, just in case I need a bolt or something small. It's a good thing he said that, i've had to grab misc. items I never would have thought of removing.

It's been fun so far, but it will take time to get this thing done to my expectations. I won't dependant upon it as a DD so there's no rush.
lol :chuckles:
Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 AM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Looks like a fun build. That motor is sexy.

Good luck on the rest.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 AM
1turbodc2
got boost?

awsome build therad!!!!

GO ITR tranny u will not regret it, i had one in my old teg, swapped out my GSR trans for one world of difference!!! only concren is if the LSD can hold the power.. so depends on how much WHP you are going to be pushing!!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by pslsnakes
Looks like a fun build. That motor is sexy.

Good luck on the rest.
Thanks, i'm sure i'll need some good luck to bring this thing back. The motor looks dirty to me, I wish I had some pictures from the build. It looked soo damn good after it was hot tanked & I assembeled everything.

Originally Posted by 1turbodc2
awsome build therad!!!!

GO ITR tranny u will not regret it, i had one in my old teg, swapped out my GSR trans for one world of difference!!! only concren is if the LSD can hold the power.. so depends on how much WHP you are going to be pushing!!
That was my concern as well. I've been reading about trannsmissions alot, but haven't found any solid info on the power limitations of an OEM ITR LSD. The other thing i'm considering is using ITR gears & a Quafie or MFactory LSD in the case I have, rather than buy a new OEM tranny, just not sure what all I need to accomplish that.

I'm shooting for 400-450 whp, and i'll probably tone it down to 300 whp for general porpuse driving.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:08 AM
1turbodc2
got boost?

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
Thanks, i'm sure i'll need some good luck to bring this thing back. The motor looks dirty to me, I wish I had some pictures from the build. It looked soo damn good after it was hot tanked & I assembeled everything.

That was my concern as well. I've been reading about trannsmissions alot, but haven't found any solid info on the power limitations of an OEM ITR LSD. The other thing i'm considering is using ITR gears & a Quafie or MFactory LSD in the case I have, rather than buy a new OEM tranny, just not sure what all I need to accomplish that.

I'm shooting for 400-450 whp, and i'll probably tone it down to 300 whp for general porpuse driving.

if your going for those number's the ITR LSD is not an option..mine wasn't happy on my turbo gsr... and i wasn't near those WHP numbers.. i think you have the best idea... Quafie LSD with ITR gears in your case! FTW!!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 PM
2001TEGGSR

Just a small update, ordered a Fluidyne Radiator, and Hasport mounts.

I also picked up an ITR transmission today for an insanely good price of $350. I rode in the car it was in before the guy removed it, 3rd grinds at Redline, other than that it's fine. It has Gear speed carbon coated synchro's, and an MFactory Final Drive. I'm about to order a new set of synchro's, ISB, Seals, and a Quafie. I'll get some pictures of the tranny work when my stuff arrives. This is my first time working on a Tranny, suggestions are appreciated!

The remaining stuff is purely cosmetic, main thing is wheels. I'm still deciding wether or not to go 5-Lug and JDM 16's, or just get a set of Volks or Gram lights. Prices are comparable... I also like the Enkei RPF1's as well, although they're much cheaper.

As the car sits now, interior is installed, supsnesion is done and it's sitting on some ricer white 17's that I had from years ago. I'll post some pictures in the next few days, I don't think it will be dropping jaws until the bodywork & paint is complete though.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:42 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Very nice. I'll be watching this.

Hey, by any chance would you have a set of the side moldings? I need them for my GSR. Also, need a spark plug cover, but I'll probably get a PW:JDM carbon fiber one.