Notices

Build: 99 SSBP Integra GSR Project

Old 11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn 350 sounds too good to be true...i hope the guy isnt unloading stolen property on you to wipe himself clean of it but if not good for you!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by pslsnakes
Very nice. I'll be watching this.

Hey, by any chance would you have a set of the side moldings? I need them for my GSR. Also, need a spark plug cover, but I'll probably get a PW:JDM carbon fiber one.
No spark plug cover.

I haven't decided wether or not to shave the moldings yet. I did on my lest car, and it does look 100% better, but they do protect from door dings. If I do, i'll let you know.

Originally Posted by Spec R
damn 350 sounds too good to be true...i hope the guy isnt unloading stolen property on you to wipe himself clean of it but if not good for you!
Everything about the trans checks out to be legit, it's definitely an ITR with the OEM LSD and MFactory Final Drive. I pulled the case off tonight and inspected everything, compared to pictures online, etc. I doubt it's stolen, the guy is a stand up seller. He removed it from an aborted turbo build in his civic, he is selling his motor for one hell of a price too. Sounds like he just needs money, and because of the trans grind he priced it to sell. His car hasn't even been inspected for 2 years, sounded like he just had enough. If anyones interested - http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2422074

I hate theives, if for some reason I found out this tranny was stollen, I would turn it over to the athority's and take a loss on it just to see a theif rot in prison.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
No spark plug cover.

I haven't decided wether or not to shave the moldings yet. I did on my lest car, and it does look 100% better, but they do protect from door dings. If I do, i'll let you know.

Everything about the trans checks out to be legit, it's definitely an ITR with the OEM LSD and MFactory Final Drive. I pulled the case off tonight and inspected everything, compared to pictures online, etc. I doubt it's stolen, the guy is a stand up seller. He removed it from an aborted turbo build in his civic, he is selling his motor for one hell of a price too. Sounds like he just needs money, and because of the trans grind he priced it to sell. His car hasn't even been inspected for 2 years, sounded like he just had enough. If anyones interested - http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2422074

I hate theives, if for some reason I found out this tranny was stollen, I would turn it over to the athority's and take a loss on it just to see a theif rot in prison.

NIce pick up and great idea works out perfect you should have no issues with handling that power with that set up!!
Old 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
No spark plug cover.

How did you do it? The previous owner just caked on some bondo over the holes. When I was sanding the excess off, the bondo started popping outfrom the holes and fell into the door/body.

A buddy of mine told me lay fiberglass on the inside, and a guy at the body shop said to tack weld small sqaures of metal to the inside, so the Bondo would have something to adhere to.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by 1turbodc2
NIce pick up and great idea works out perfect you should have no issues with handling that power with that set up!!
That's pretty much what I was thinking. I was really interested in the MFactory LSD, but they are not formally releasing and selling to the public for a few more weeks, which could turn to months. The Quafie LSD is tried and proven, so hopefully it holds up. Thanks for the insight!

Originally Posted by pslsnakes
How did you do it? The previous owner just caked on some bondo over the holes. When I was sanding the excess off, the bondo started popping outfrom the holes and fell into the door/body.

A buddy of mine told me lay fiberglass on the inside, and a guy at the body shop said to tack weld small sqaures of metal to the inside, so the Bondo would have something to adhere to.
The proper way is to tack weld metal squares to the inside of the door, fill the outside with "Bondo Glass", sand and fill the imperfections with Bondo body filler. If I decide to shave my moldings again, I will go this route.

I'll tell you what I did on my last Integra, but many will swear it will not hold up and it's going to crack, etc. But it held fine for me. I sanded and cleaned the inside of the door & quarter pannel. Then I used small peices of thin alluminum from soda cans, scuffed them up with sand paper, and JB Welded them to the inside. I held it flat with Duct Tape. Then I used Bondo Glass to fill the outside, sanded it smooth, and applied regular Bondo body filler to the imperfections. It held perfectly for 3 years of daily driving. It even survived a wreck at 70 mph. I had to use a Sawzall to cut my passanger door off, I kicked the hell out of it with steel toes and beat the hell out of it with a 50 LB bar, just to test how well my method held up. Nothing happened! It never cracked at all!

I take no responsibility if this method fails for you, it makes more sense to do it right the first time around.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:52 AM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Awesome, I might just try that.

I was thinking if I can get that body glue stuff that Honda uses to body the hood and door skins to tegether and other little parts.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:28 PM
2001TEGGSR

A small update, borrowed a slightly better camera from my cousin so there are some random pictures in here to give you guys a better idea of what i'm working with.

Got my Avid Shift Linkage and Billet Mounts today, I ended up going with Avid over HASPORT because I couldn't get anybody from HASPORT to answer my questions, their customer service sucks. I'm very pleased with Avid's product though, excellent craftsmanship. I forgot to take pics until after I started working. :doh: I paid $340 for mounts and shift linkage.

Rear Mount:

Driver Side Mount:

Some pictures under the valve cover, I was checking the titanium retainers since they are a wear item, although they still look relatively new, they do have about 10k on them. Also adjusted the valves, and took care of some other minor things on the motor. Gaskets, etc.

Got most of the interior in, still waiting on Shock Tower Covers, rear speaker grills, tail light covers, a rear deck lid and air bags to show up.

I have no idea what car this Honda airbag came out of, but it as ho actuator so it's useless.

I also noticed that one of my seats is bent, I assume from the wreck in my previous integra. Sucks because the seats were in decent condition. Oh well, I want some black JDM Recaro's at some point anyway.

Yes I have ricer gauges..

And here are a few random's..

My priority's have changed quite a bit since I took on this project, i've decided i'm going to get it together and running ASAP, and start with paint & body work. Then i'll tune & complete my turbo setup. I'll deal with the misc. imperfections in the interior after I get the outside looking good.

Still trying to pick out wheels, I think i've ruled out spending almost 3k with tires on Volks, or Work's. I'd sooner spend 1500 on some JDM 16's w/ 5Lug and get a brake upgrade with it - which is what i'm leaning torwards. Im not wasting money on tires for the POS ADR wheels that are on the car. I may just get a set of polished slips for now and go 5 lug next summer. I've lost the "show car fever" I had when I first bought this thing. I have no desire to do a wire tuck, roll on volks, and make a hard parker out of it. I just want a comfortable, quick and nimble car that I can take out on the weekends. Best of all, I'll have spent less than 5k when it's all said and done.

Tomorrow i'm painting the Transmission case, valve cover, and possibly throwing the motor in if the weather works in my favor. After that i'll be shaving the side moldings while I wait for my bumper, headlights, and optional sides to get here. Then it's time for paint!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by 2001TEGGSR; 11-21-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:41 PM
2001TEGGSR

Edit: Pictures re-sized.

Last edited by 2001TEGGSR; 11-21-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Spec R

nice updates! spend less than 5k? damn i always find numbers like that hard to believe. stupid things add up quick and next thing you know its like 10k out of your pocket
Old 11-22-2008, 10:26 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by Spec R
nice updates! spend less than 5k? damn i always find numbers like that hard to believe. stupid things add up quick and next thing you know its like 10k out of your pocket
Yes they do add up quick, fortunately I had the luxury of buying my buying my totaled GSR back from the insurance company for cheap, and I already had a considerable amount of good parts. If I add everything I spent building the motor, buying the suspension, etc. I'm sure it will end up being around 10k or more.

I'll post detailed cost information when It gets closer to being road worthy.