Notices

Rack and Pinion ??

Old 11-22-2008, 07:31 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car ride pretty well. When I drive down rode it's fairly smooth. If I go over speed bumps I don't usually have problems with car bouncing. This 1 Wendy's resturant I cut through time to time to avoid some traffic I go at a angle & you can here bottom of car scraping of just the Gsr being pretty low stock.

Yes, I'm going to have Tires Plus do it so hopefully I'll get someone who can pen point my issues. When I do get allignment I'm making sure they do a test drive with me before & after the allignment.

This has just been a pain in the "ass" issue. I want to lower ride in future no time soon. So, they should be able to check wheel bearings at no xtra cost to make sure it's good or bad.
I have noticed while car is running in nuetral can wiggle steering alot left to right which has a lot of play. Wonder is that part of my problem. I'll post specs next time I get allignment.
Hope they can fix my issue because i can't afford to keep wasting money on allignments that doesn't hold for long. Last thing, car when going over the different roads you feel suspension a little as far as being 10 yr old shocks. It's definately not bouncing as you see some cars after a bump it's just bouncing like crazy.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:35 AM
LateApex
Track Day Club

I had loose steering with a "left pull" not long ago. Alignment did not fix it. The alignment tech said that my tie rod ends and ball joints looked good. But, the front wheels would rock a little. So, I put new upper a-arms in anyway. That improved it. Then I did the outer tie rod ends and that absolutely fixed it. It's a real pleasure to drive now. I don't go to that alignment tech anymore.

Last edited by LateApex; 11-22-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

take it to the dealer bro, honestly, you are spending as much money having 4-5 dudes tell you otherwise, i duno about you guys, but the acura dealership here in tucson is great, great service, price is expected, rarely have to wait for an appointment, overall worth it, they work on acura all day, so why not, just a suggestion, its what i ended up doing over all, warranty or not, and how slammed in your gsr? scraping bottom over speed bumps cannot be that fun haha, my friend has a civic that omg haha so slammed, tore the muffler off, what a dummy he was.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:25 AM
gingas

What's up Khazzy, no my GSR stock height. It's just this 1 Wendy's resturaunt has a pretty high speed bump. Instead of going over bump slow & straight I go over at this angle( /) but to left & it still scrapes some. On a level ground I can put four fingers in fender well. Whenever, I do lower ride. I'd like to be able to lower no more than 1.5" with my blades on 205-50-15's.

Now, about taking to Acura. I've done that like 2 times to Tischer ACURA IN Laurel,MD. I've also done Mr. Tire 2 or 3 times too. I'm thinking about trying Tires Plus to see if someone there can identify the problem or I might have to try Acura again.
If, anyone is in the PG County or Charles County MD area know a place they would recommend me to take car to who probably can find what my problem is . Holla at me.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Originally Posted by gingas
What's up Khazzy, no my GSR stock height. It's just this 1 Wendy's resturaunt has a pretty high speed bump. Instead of going over bump slow & straight I go over at this angle( /) but to left & it still scrapes some. On a level ground I can put four fingers in fender well. Whenever, I do lower ride. I'd like to be able to lower no more than 1.5" with my blades on 205-50-15's.

Now, about taking to Acura. I've done that like 2 times to Tischer ACURA IN Laurel,MD. I've also done Mr. Tire 2 or 3 times too. I'm thinking about trying Tires Plus to see if someone there can identify the problem or I might have to try Acura again.
If, anyone is in the PG County or Charles County MD area know a place they would recommend me to take car to who probably can find what my problem is . Holla at me.

Thanks
holy shit dude, i lived in waldorf for 6 years before i moved here this year to arizona, i know about that acura dealership...screw that, i had a friend that has a dad that specialized in hondas in La Plata...but i do not remember the shop name, i used to go to BJs...DONT haha, um honestly, there is a mechanic off of branch in clinton, right outside of andrews, heard good things there, haha sorry about the acura dealership...that one sucks so bad...had to drive over an hour for them to tell me nothing was wrong when there was...so the honda dealership, ken dixon in waldorf is another good place, they got my stuff straight, but if they need acura parts, they will have to have them transfered, try ken dixon in waldorf, 20mins from PG county
Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

to refine my idiotic rambling, ken dixon honda...took care of what needed to be done.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 AM
gingas

Yeah,Khazzy, I know about Ken Dixon Honda. Didn't think about them as far as that. Yeah, it's irritating having my suspension bad. I might have to get them to check it out so I know what's going on & what price/parts will cost to fix my issues. I take my EF there time to time. The only thing I hate is dealers charge so much like Acura charging for an allignment but can't make a dierct reason for suspen. issues. Off hand do you remember waht ball park price you paid?
If you think of the place in Clinton,holla? What made you move there from here?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

oh my suspension problem is here in arizona, potholes for the lose...haha, um i bought my car through a used lot off of ken dixon, waldorf auto outlet, i have a warrenty through them for any honda/acura dealership in america, so i am paying nothing for my suspension problems. Honestly that is what i was explaining earlier, the amount of time and money spent going to random places just to figure out what the deal is will be as much as going to honda, i loved their service there, so i didnt mind the price, it was getting fixed correctly and not ghetto rigged, i had to get a new catalytic converter and it was welded to another pipe by some other company, they are completely reasonable, you are going to pay more for oem parts anyways, have them diagnose your problem, they specialize in it. go from there, as for moving from maryland, i came out to AZ for college, i didnt want to go to University of Maryland, didnt like it.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:01 AM
gingas

Yeah, I think I'll check out Ken Dixon to get it diagnosed before I know what I need to spend. I want to have done soon since I just bought 2 Toyo's for the front. Hopefully, it won't be too crazy expensive. So, you're AZ state or U AZ. My cousin went to AZ ST. back in the 80's. I like both of them in Football & Basketball.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:45 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

u of a, not a sun devils kid lol, naw i just dislike phoenix a lot...id rather live in the DC area with the lovely 2 hour traffic crossing the bridges lol, at least they got the new bridge up n running, makes traffic breathe easier there, i do miss maryland as much as i didnt like it, was fun