Notices

short ram intakes

Old 10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short ram intakes

what i need to know is, will a short ram intake give me better performance and good gas mileage still, or are just basic cold air intakes the way to go. 99 integra gs b18b engine by the way
Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by Khazzy
what i need to know is, will a short ram intake give me better performance and good gas mileage still, or are just basic cold air intakes the way to go. 99 integra gs b18b engine by the way
Your not going to notice any major difference in MPG with any aftermarket intake system.

Without other supporting mods and tunning, the difference in performance gains between an SRI & CAI is negligible.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:57 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Search, for the love of Christ.

Or at least glance at the Integra FAQ.
This has been a common topic of discussion for eons.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:36 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
Your not going to notice any major difference in MPG with any aftermarket intake system.

Without other supporting mods and tunning, the difference in performance gains between an SRI & CAI is negligible.

That is not true, there was actually a thread about this in Honda-tech... showing the difference's, basically a home made icebox with 4 inch inlet fromt he bumper and a 3 inch arm..with a KN filter produces the most gain..i will see if i can find the thread on it.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:45 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by 1turbodc2
That is not true, there was actually a thread about this in Honda-tech... showing the difference's, basically a home made icebox with 4 inch inlet fromt he bumper and a 3 inch arm..with a KN filter produces the most gain..i will see if i can find the thread on it.
I thought that car had head work or was tuned though :thinking:

Not sure. My point is just that on an otherwise stock motor, the HP gain is minimal for either, and I don't think the "butt dyno" would notice.

The SRI does provide better, noticeable throttle response though, and is my intake of choice.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:48 PM
1turbodc2
got boost?

Originally Posted by 2001TEGGSR
I thought that car had head work or was tuned though :thinking:

Not sure. My point is just that on an otherwise stock motor, the HP gain is minimal for either, and I don't think the "butt dyno" would notice.

The SRI does provide better, noticeable throttle response though, and is my intake of choice.
well they did but they tested a SRI/CAI/ICEBOX/Whalepenis( basically keeping everything else consistant minus the intake)...also i did a test on my buddies stock ITR motor we tried all the above on the dyno except for the whalepenis and the gains where suprising the icebox made a big difference in HP, i can't remeber the full gain i can call my buddy and get the dyno results with the different one.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
2001TEGGSR

Looks like all the Intake Test threads on HT have dead pictures. Can't see the dyno plots anymore.

Here's a good read though -
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/di...g+Common+Topic
Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

awesome, and my bad dave, new here and i dont like going through thousands of pages...haha, and 1turbo...im in love with your teg haha, reminds me of mine except 2dr and a gsr. and i know this is off topic of my own thread, but if my car is running fine, do yall recommend a 90k?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by 1turbodc2
well they did but they tested a SRI/CAI/ICEBOX/Whalepenis( basically keeping everything else consistant minus the intake)...also i did a test on my buddies stock ITR motor we tried all the above on the dyno except for the whalepenis and the gains where suprising the icebox made a big difference in HP, i can't remeber the full gain i can call my buddy and get the dyno results with the different one.
Whalepenis? Dave I would appreciate it, if you did not discuss my gear without my consent.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:20 AM
bman7891

I am going to go against common popular belief because I bought an Injen SRI and installed it myself. Nothing else on the car changed, not even the tire pressure because I make sure its constant. With that stated, I gained almost 4 miles to the gallon. Highway miles I get 35mpg now... So I truely think that an SRI can give you better gas mileage as long as a lead foot isnt included in the install