Notices

ls to gsr swap

Old 09-23-2008, 05:03 PM
wrvkc4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls to gsr swap

Hey new guy here. don't know much about these smaller cars. I am used to v8's, but I was told that a gsr swap is a good way to go with my 95 Ls. If I understood some of the posts here a gsr has a different head and needs some sort of jumper wire. If that is all it takes do I just need the head and the wire or do I need the whole block? Also I wouldn't know how to rig this jumper wire up either. In either event is there anyone who might happen to be selling a gsr motor? or even parts for one? I do not know what all I need but I would like to get this swap thing started. Any one who can help me with this the help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Cody
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrvkc4
Hey new guy here. don't know much about these smaller cars. I am used to v8's, but I was told that a gsr swap is a good way to go with my 95 Ls. If I understood some of the posts here a gsr has a different head and needs some sort of jumper wire. If that is all it takes do I just need the head and the wire or do I need the whole block? Also I wouldn't know how to rig this jumper wire up either. In either event is there anyone who might happen to be selling a gsr motor? or even parts for one? I do not know what all I need but I would like to get this swap thing started. Any one who can help me with this the help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Cody
It is not that easy. What your referring to is an LS/VTEC Hybrid motor or Frankenstein. It is more than a head and a wire. It is your ls block, vtec head, plumbing re-arrangement, ECU, wire harness, head gasket, timing belt, and a few other things to make it right. I'm sure there is a write on here, just do a search.

As far as a vtec swap (entire engine) you'll need everything that goes with your choice of motor. IE: tranny, axles, ECU, harness and motor mounts. I'm sure I left some shit out, again a search will help you.