Notices

91 integra abs question???? help?

Old 08-30-2008, 02:12 AM
wheelinjp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 integra abs question???? help?

My cousin has a 91 integra 4dr and his abs light wont go out, so his grandpa took it to the acura dealer. The dealership has had the car since late june and is telling them that it needs a part that is $2300 dollars and no one in the country has one new or used. So they are waiting for acura to make them one??? He doesnt know what the part is called, but I am assuming an abs computer? the dealership is also telling his grandpa that they cant have the car back because if he drives it the brakes will fail and cause a wreck. I have worked on alot of rigs and have never heard of this. My suburban had anti lock brakes and we just unhooked them. does anyone know about this or have an idea what they are talking about, better yet have a cheap fix for it? the car isnt really worth the cost of the part and repairs. HELP?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:14 AM
Spec R

yeah unfortunately its a liability thing.

i'd suggest just getting the car towed off the lot, then do a non-abs brake conversion from a non abs equipped integra of similar model year.

sure, it might cost a little bit, but its nowhere near going to be 2300 dollars.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
acurapartsguy

Did the dealer give your cousin a ABS code?? If I could get that code from the repair order I could double check it here at our dealership an see what the part is how much and what the availability is. Also the ABS systems have a "fail safe" system on them, true the ABS may not work but the car will still stop. Let me know on that code and I could get you some more Information

Last edited by acurapartsguy; 09-15-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:20 AM
kempfer75

I have a 94 Integra with the light on too. There is a separate master cylinder type thing over the right fender near the fuse box that is leaking. When I put fluid in it the light goes off for a few days until it is low again. I got tired of filling it so I just pulled the relay switch out so the pump would not keep running until I can fix it. The light will stay on, you will have brakes but no ABS, so the will lock up if slammed on. If the light bothers you can just take the bulb out.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 AM
shouldifixit

Default me too

I had an abs light on my 92 integra. I looked at the ABS code, which I got from a blinking light (if i rememebr correctly) that is from inside the wall of passenger rear seat. The code told me that I have a sensor that went bad.
On each of the four wheels there is a sensor that tells the system if the wheel is spinning or not. I have one bad sensor on one wheel. The replacement part is quite expensive...several hundred dollars. I expect that if a shop had to replace this it would take loads of labor.
My solution: nothing, so I am missing abs on one wheel...oh well.