Notices

2001 GSR Headers

Old 05-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Vitek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 GSR Headers

I am looking for an aftermarket header for my 2001 Integra GSR. Any recommendations? I looked at some of the sites and they only have it for '99 GSR models.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:56 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Vitek
I am looking for an aftermarket header for my 2001 Integra GSR. Any recommendations? I looked at some of the sites and they only have it for '99 GSR models.
The stock exhaust manifold is good enough. If you get a bolt on, direct fit header (dc sports, greddy, weapon r, kamikaze) you'll notice 3-5hp at best. If your really looking to add some power by way of header your going to need to go with some kind of JDM design that you will have to have custom fit to fit your car. The same goes for the Type R exhaust manifold, which is a good upgrade, however needs fabrication to the fit the GSR.

Depending on your budget you may also want to look into spoon, mugen or toda header's.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Vitek

How much power will Spoon header add? I was thinking to do a complete exaust system and intake. The setup that I initially had in mind was DC Headers, Test Pipe, Greedy EVO2 Exaust and AEM Cold Air Intake. With Test Pipe installed is there any way to fool O2 sensor so check engine won't light up? Just in genereal what would be a HP increase doing intake and full exaust system?

Thanks,
-Vitek
Old 05-31-2008, 11:18 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by Vitek
How much power will Spoon header add? I was thinking to do a complete exaust system and intake. The setup that I initially had in mind was DC Headers, Test Pipe, Greedy EVO2 Exaust and AEM Cold Air Intake. With Test Pipe installed is there any way to fool O2 sensor so check engine won't light up? Just in genereal what would be a HP increase doing intake and full exaust system?

Thanks,
-Vitek
I have heard that the Spoon Header, much like the Toda and Mugen will give you updwards of 8hp. An AEM CAI , dc header (4-1) and Greddy EVO2 will give you at least an overall 8-10 hp gain. Which is definitely noticeable, but not astronomical. With respect to the test pipe. Dude that is not even worth it. That is 1-2 horses at best. I read an article on it in Import Tuner and it was not even worth the hassle.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:24 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Any 94-01 LS/GS, 00-01 gsr, 97-01 type-r header will fit.....basically as long as it's not for a 94-99 gsr it will fit your car. Given the fact that it's a coupe. I have a 01 gsr and bought a 94-01 LS header.....the company online that I got it from tried charging an extra $40 for "my car" but it's the same shit.