Notices

Changed Fuel Pump - Now no Spark????

Old 05-17-2008, 01:20 PM
jonesy9595

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed Fuel Pump - Now no Spark????

I was driving and my car died. I have a cut off switch coming from the fuel pump so i checked that first. I bypassed it and checked it with the volt meter. It was getting 12.2 volts and the pump was not priming - I figured bad fuel pump.
Replaced the fuel pump, it primes like it should and i thought she would fire right up - WRONG!
It doesn't start so i loosened the return line on the fuel rail to see if i had fuel pressure. It sprayed fuel as soon as i loosened the second bolt.
Checked the spark by pulling the spark plug and started it so i could check if it arced- NO SPARK??????
All the fuses are good and it was running perfect before the fuel pump died. I am baffled where do i go from here.
It seems very odd that i would have an ignition failure and a fuel pump go out simultaneously. Teg Gurus I need your help!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:07 AM
jonesy9595

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed it....

So for some reason my coil went out at the exact same time as my fuel pump.
I dont know how this is possible and i am not some dumb dumb who was trippin about the fuel pump. I put the old one back in after changing the coil and the car didnt run. So maybe while driving and losing fuel the ecu sends more spark to the coil damaging it or something, who knows.
basically i am writing this as a follow up if any one else encounters this problem.