Notices

Recent fender bender!!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
slvrteg
big boys toys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent fender bender!!

I was involved in a minor traffic altercation that resulted in my front bumper being cracked and my passenger front fender being creased by the impact. The front bumper and fender both need replacement. and a respray. I went to the local honda dealership. they quoted me $1800 for just the bumper and respray. not to mention the fender. long story short.... I need and new bumper and am interested in getting an extremely mild (not obnoxious) body kit. or just front bumper if it will not look weird. Figured the bumper would be cheaper than a new OEM bumper. Any suggestions?? will eventulally need room for an intercooler too.

Also color suggestions for the respray. i have a 2001 integra gsr that is silver now.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
2001TEGGSR

Skip the body kit... They don't fit right and they never compliment an Integra like OEM.

Look for a used, good condition OEM bumber, and Fender. If you want to change the look, add an ITR lip. Its very likely that you can find one with paint in good condition, or even adding paint for less than you will pay at the dealership.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
WiseGuyOnCouch
Live, Die, & Drive Fast!

AMEN! I have an 01 GSR that's silver also and I wouldn't dream of body kitting a 98+ integra for sure! Maybe a pre 98, but even then i'd just want to put a 98+ front & rear bumber on it. OEM is the way to go!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:51 AM
slvrteg
big boys toys

I hadnt really considered a used bumper. the new OEM parts are just so damn expensive. Any helpful sites of used parts??
Old 05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
jesusublime99

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought an aftermarket, brand new 2000 front bumper off ebay for about 240 shipped a few years ago. There are ebay stores that sell them painted for less than 400 last time I checked. They probably offer fenders too.

If you plan on getting sidemarkers, you can buy a new pair of fenders from PWJDM with sidemarker cutouts for about 310.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 PM
whatinthe
The Duke of Earl

I have also had this happen... If u can, try to fix it. They sell a plastic fix-it kit for plastic bumpers. I was skeptical but after u sand it and paint it, u'll never know. Promise. As for the fenders, I knew someone that had some cheap z3 fenders. I wudnt have, but im glad now